Vick with the Eagles? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vick with the Eagles? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, as far as I'm concerned, he's done his time so, if people want to hire him back then so ...

Well, as far as I'm concerned, he's done his time so, if people want to hire him back then so be it. I think that what he did was despicable, but, it's all over and done with. Only time will tell if he has truly changed his ways.
    Last edited by jmp2006; 08-14-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am a huge Eagles fan & I really don't know what to say. I don't think Vick should be in the NFL again. Banned for LIFE!!! I have 4 Pitbulls (yes 4 of them) - The best dogs I have EVER had. They are loyal, loving, and great w/ my daughter. I only have my daughter on weekends but 1 of them NEVER leaves her side when shes over, follows ever where, sleeps w/ her. Its just crazy I could never image fighting or even killing any of my pets! Its insane!! I am really considering a boycott.

I think anyone who is against Micheal Vick playing pro ball again is a hippocrit. I mean honestly, so if you EVER make a mistake in your life and you get punished for it, you want to be continued to be punished for your actions even after your "offical" punishment is over? I think you would feel differen't if it was you and had lost your lively hood and were broke.

If it's that big of a deal don't buy any NFL tickets or pay for cable or whatever.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    I think anyone who is against Micheal Vick playing pro ball again is a hippocrit. I mean honestly, so if you EVER make a mistake in your life and you get punished for it, you want to be continued to be punished for your actions even after your "offical" punishment is over? I think you would feel differen't if it was you and had lost your lively hood and were broke.
    Hypocrite? I admit my mistakes up front. Unlike Vick who lied to millions. Nice "I'm a tough thug gansta" smirk on his face.

"I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name," Vick said in a statement read outside court by Billy Martin, his lawyer. "I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. "Above all, I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family."

BBC SPORT | Other Sport... | American Football | Vick denies dog fighting charges
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    More from Vick and his sleazy lawyer:

Vick denies crime - Roanoke.com

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback said "not guilty" in a firm voice when asked by U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson how he pleaded to a conspiracy charge. Asked his preference for a trial, Vick responded "by jury."

"I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times," the statement said. He also apologized to his teammates for not being with them for the start of training camp.

"This is going to be a hard-fought trial," said Martin, one of five attorneys retained by Vick. "We look forward to the opportunity to being able to walk inside this courtroom saying to the world that Michael Vick is innocent."
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hypocrite? I admit my mistakes up front. Unlike Vick who lied to millions. Nice "I'm a tough thug gansta" smirk on his face.

"I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name," Vick said in a statement read outside court by Billy Martin, his lawyer. "I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. "Above all, I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family."

BBC SPORT | Other Sport... | American Football | Vick denies dog fighting charges
    I am not saying the guy was not guilty or that he did not lie or anything else that he did wrong is not true. But seriously, he has served his time....get over it...again like I said before, if someone out there had been punished for whatever crime or wrong they have done they would want to move forward rather than continue to be punished after their punishment is suppose to be ended.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

Just wanted to restate what I said earlier. If you really have that big of a problem and feel like you've been personally wronged by the Eagles signing Vick, then don't support the NFL don't watch ANY games or buy any NFL related products.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am not saying the guy was not guilty or that he did not lie or anything else that he did wrong is not true. But seriously, he has served his time....get over it...again like I said before, if someone out there had been punished for whatever crime or wrong they have done they would want to move forward rather than continue to be punished after their punishment is suppose to be ended.
    If you or I were convicted of similar charges and imprisoned do you think we could pick up with life and careers like he is allowed to? He got off way too easy. Maybe if Vick under performs on the field he'll get a little waterboarding.

There are thousands of decent hard working people that may have had solid careers who may have done something dumb like sold a little weed on the side. A year or two in jail and their previous life was ruined because of it.

Just wanted to restate what I said earlier. If you really have that big of a problem and feel like you've been personally wronged by the Eagles signing Vick, then don't support the NFL don't watch ANY games or buy any NFL related products.
    I will not. Hopefully many will follow.
    Mods & Pics

If you or I were convicted of similar charges and imprisoned do you think we could pick up with life and careers like he is allowed to? He got off way too easy. Maybe if Vick under performs on the field he'll get a little waterboarding.

There are thousands of decent hard working people that may have had solid careers who may have done something dumb like sold a little weed on the side. A year or two in jail and their previous life was ruined because of it.
    If I were convicted of the same charges as he is I would never be able to hold my job again. I have no idea what you do for a living but I am betting that your boss probably would not hold your job for you if you were jailed. As to if you would ever be able to work in your field again I don't know so I won't make any assumptions on those two points.

If you think he got off so easy, then what do you believe would have been a resonable punishment for the crime?

I am a little biaised on this topic but personally if someone sells drugs and ruins their life I honestly hold ZERO sympathy for that person. But like I said, I am biased. Now with that said, I have a little mixed feelings on this one but lets say your young pot smokin friend does something dumb like sell a little weed on the side and gets busted and does some jail time I don't think that person should continue to be punished IE forbidden to hold anything but a minimum wage job as it sounds like some people are seggesting happen to Vick. No, if that person is reformed, IE never sells drugs again then great the person learned their lesson and should be allowed to move with their life and try to make the most of it they can. But do I feel bad that they got caught and went to jail and were punished? No, not at all. But then again I also, do not think drug dealers are "decent people."

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not want to argue, never intended to. I was pointing out that I am not a hypocrite for my opinion here. I work in IT for a public school district - I am held to a higher standard than many from a legal / moral standpoint. A traffic violation involving points in my own car on my own time could be a problem for me.

This I do not get - if someone sells drugs you have ZERO sympathy, but you will forgive an extremely lucky (to make it into the NFL), very wealthy individual who electrocuted, shot and drowned dogs because they were not top performers?
    Mods & Pics

I do not want to argue, never intended to. I was pointing out that I am not a hypocrite for my opinion here. I work in IT for a public school district - I am held to a higher standard than many from a legal / moral standpoint. A traffic violation involving points in my own car on my own time could be a problem for me.

This I do not get - if someone sells drugs you have ZERO sympathy, but you will forgive an extremely lucky (to make it into the NFL), very wealthy individual who electrocuted, shot and drowned dogs because they were not top performers?
    as I said earlier...I don't think what he did is ok at all. It is terrible. However, did he serve his time? Yes. So, as a result I think that he should be allowed to move on and try to make the most of his life that he can.

Just curious, have you ever downloaded music or movies or games through file shairing programs or websites such as, The Pirate Bay?

That is correct I have no sympathy for drug dealers. I guess it depends on what you define as forgive... Would I ever let the guy pet sit for my Golden Retreiver? No way in hell. But am I gonna seggest he be jailed for life no. I mean by that logic any chicken farmer who kills his chickens for the market by putting them in a cage that has just enough water on the floor for the chickens feet to get wet and electrocutes them to death to feed people is also a criminal and should be jailed for 20 years . There are wack jobs out there that believe that should be a crime killing animals for food in general. Now I hope you don't read too much into that. I am not seggesting that is what you are trying to say at all.

However, you never did answer my question. What would be a good punishment for his crimes?

????

Is he not in the public eye and looked at as a role model all the time? What he did was wrong and he got caught. Should he pay for it the rest of his life? I just think that is is unfair to the rest of us, and it shows if you have money that you basically get slapped on the back of the hand and get to pick up where you left off. And Flyin Brian your car rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmahan12 View Post
    Is he not in the public eye and looked at as a role model all the time? What he did was wrong and he got caught. Should he pay for it the rest of his life? I just think that is is unfair to the rest of us, and it shows if you have money that you basically get slapped on the back of the hand and get to pick up where you left off. And Flyin Brian your car rocks!!!
    Thanks for the compliment.

I had read somewhere that he was nearly bankrupt from all his legal fee's ect.. before he got signed by the Eagles. I hardly would call that plus time in jail a slap on the wrist.

I say let 2 pitbulls tear him apart. he's the scum of the earth. And should never be allowed to play football again. Man is a piece of ****. I will never shake that scum bags hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_WRX View Post
    I say let 2 pitbulls tear him apart. he's the scum of the earth. And should never be allowed to play football again. Man is a piece of ****. I will never shake that scum bags hand.
    Lol that is has to be the most insane comment I have read yet.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Let's keep it a bit more on topic please ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast