Where to get a good tune near Pottstown?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on Where to get a good tune near Pottstown? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; the car is getting some upgrades on it now and i was looking for a good place to get a ...

  1. #1
    Registered User NickDHdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    44

    Question Where to get a good tune near Pottstown?

    the car is getting some upgrades on it now and i was looking for a good place to get a tune and a couple dyno runs.
    I live in pottstown but im looking for one in the following areas:

    Pottstown
    Boyertown
    Limerick
    Royersford
    Collegeville
    Phoenixville

    If anyone knows of one let me know
    Thanks
    Last edited by NickDHdfc; 04-20-2009 at 07:01 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Mace Windu devilfluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    6,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check with ICY Racing/Phoenix Performance in Phoenixville.

    Phoenix Performance

    They have a pretty good rep.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

    Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

  4. #3
    Vez
    Vez is offline
    Registered User Vez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    726
    I live right near you and I was thinking it'd be worth driving a little for a good tune. I wouldn't want to take my baby to some place/person that wasn't reputable unless I personally knew them. I also don't want to drive 6 hours to get it done...but if I have to drive a couple of hours to make sure I get the most out of my car AND it's still a very reliable (will not cause issues for my engine) I think it's worth it. $500 is a big chunk of $ and a tune, IMHO, is not the place I want to try and cut corners.

    That being said, Agile Tuning, Precision Tuning, and Verocious Motorsports are the three closest tuners that I know of that have good reputations. I think I will be going to Agile for my tune since they have a good rep for tuning 07's...

    ICY Phoenix...nice bunch of people from my limited interaction with them, but I don't believe they do tuning (I could be wrong about this). I believe Bill had his alignment done there, so maybe they tune as well...?
    Last edited by Vez; 04-21-2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

  5. #4
    Mace Windu devilfluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    6,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    I live right near you and I was thinking it'd be worth driving a little for a good tune. I wouldn't want to take my baby to some place/person that wasn't reputable unless I personally knew them. I also don't want to drive 6 hours to get it done...but if I have to drive a couple of hours to make sure I get the most out of my car AND it's still a very reliable (will not cause issues for my engine) I think it's worth it. $500 is a big chunk of $ and a tune, IMHO, is not the place I want to try and cut corners.

    That being said, Agile Tuning, Precision Tuning, and Verocious Motorsports are the three closest tuners that I know of that have good reputations. I think I will be going to Agile for my tune since they have a good rep for tuning 07's...

    ICY Phoenix...nice bunch of people from my limited interaction with them, but I don't believe they do tuning (I could be wrong about this). I believe Bill had his alignment done there, so maybe they tune as well...?
    I bow to your superior experience.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

    Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

  6. #5
    Vez
    Vez is offline
    Registered User Vez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    I bow to your superior experience.
    NONSENSE!!! I don't even have a tune, yet, so I have no experience! lol I'm sure you know more than I on the topic.

    ...I had started doing some research and asking around, and this is what I had come up with so far, that's all. I apologize if I came off like I had first-hand knowledge of the subject.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

  7. #6
    Mace Windu devilfluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    6,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    NONSENSE!!! I don't even have a tune, yet, so I have no experience! lol I'm sure you know more than I on the topic.

    ...I had started doing some research and asking around, and this is what I had come up with so far, that's all. I apologize if I came off like I had first-hand knowledge of the subject.
    I don't even have a WRX anymore...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

    Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

  8. #7
    Vez
    Vez is offline
    Registered User Vez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    726
    I know...but that doesn't mean you don't know more about them than I do.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

  9. #8
    Mace Windu devilfluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    6,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    I know...but that doesn't mean you don't know more about them than I do.
    My WRX's mods were almost all suspension/brake related...

    + you're closer & did research.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

    Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

  10. #9
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    February 2014 update:

    Kurt left Phoenix several months ago. Based on a recent negative service issue, I can no longer recommended Phoenix.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-26-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  11. #10
    Registered User lytlec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4,308
    I went to CBRD SpeedFactory in York, PA and they rock!

    Homepage

  12. #11
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •