Emissions pass?...PA drivers - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Emissions pass?...PA drivers within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; yea that place......anyone know if they do opensource tuning there....pretty sure that is the route i want to go.....0 for ...

yea that place......anyone know if they do opensource tuning there....pretty sure that is the route i want to go.....$160 for a cable and free software....sounds like a good deal to me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by effingturbo View Post
    yea that place......anyone know if they do opensource tuning there....pretty sure that is the route i want to go.....$160 for a cable and free software....sounds like a good deal to me
    I'm pretty sure they do but I'd call and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do but I'd call and ask.

if not one of my child hood friend Kevin Black.....i know he tunes vw and hondas....trying to find out if he works on subarus or not....and i know he is in lemyone

worst case i guess i'll teach myself...and just go REAL slow...lol

not Pa - I know people that have used both & swear by both - I know people from PA that made the trip to Maryland & tell me its worth the trip - your call.

Verocious Motorsports (Wilmington, DE)
    Welcome to Verocious Motorsports - A Provider of High Performance Automotive Exhaust Components

Agile Automotoive (Maryland)
    Agile Automotive Performance - Tuning, Fabrication, and Parts

I would really ONLY go w/ true Subaru guys

Check this link out 2 - I'm sure if you search Tuning on here - You'll find a ton of good info

Tune shop
    Last edited by crazycracker; 05-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    If you have the OBD2 test, and not the dyno test, you will pass with a STG2 flash.
    I passed a lot of Subarus with no cats. It's not my job to check for cats. I am required to check the gas cap and perform the OBD test. 1995 and prior, I am responsible to do a visual inspection and make sure all components APPEAR to be there, APPEAR to be hooked up correctly, and APPEAR to work. It is not my job to actually made sure they are not gutted cats, BBs in the EGR hose, etc etc etc.
    It's mostly all in PA for emissions. They only do it for Federal Highway money.

- indytruckboy - PENDOT certified emissions inspector
    Wow....I'm quite speechless over this. Ah well, I'm uncatted for now, but just for my conscience, I'll go an get a catted dp when I have the cash anyway. Try to do what I can to help the environment at least that much...
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    Wow....I'm quite speechless over this. Ah well, I'm uncatted for now, but just for my conscience, I'll go an get a catted dp when I have the cash anyway. Try to do what I can to help the environment at least that much...
    If it makes you feel better, I think you only lose about 5CHP with a catted DP.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I think you only lose about 5CHP with a catted DP.
    I'm more than likely going to go get protuned around the same time. So even if I lose a little, I'll probably gain more from the protune.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by effingturbo View Post
    CBRD does open source tune as well as Cobb. They seem to have mixed reviews from most of the people I have talked to. I bought my car there a few months after they opened. They were very friendly and all, but after I bought the car, getting service through Chad was very difficult. I had to contact Caleb, who actually sells the cars, to have Chad get back to me almost every time. Just for the record, this is after waiting anywhere from 3 or 4 days to a couple of weeks for a return phone call or email, and on multiple occasions.

They seemed to gain more traction in the Evo world, but I have talked to a few people at track days that have expressed their displeasure with the actual tune itself. They can do decent quality work, but I don't plan to go back. There are better subaru-specific shops out there, and I can get most things done cheaper at those places.

also note, that you would pay them the $400 or whatever someone quoted for the tune. You could also buy your own cable and software if you wanted, but for an ECU flash, they'd just charge you for the dyno time and tune.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    I'm more than likely going to go get protuned around the same time. So even if I lose a little, I'll probably gain more from the protune.
    Without a doubt.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.