Careless Driving Citation in Royersford - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Careless Driving Citation in Royersford within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; When this type of situation happens, just let it go and keep your blood pressure down. All this does is ...

When this type of situation happens, just let it go and keep your blood pressure down. All this does is instigate a confrontation and a possibly put an innocent person in great danger; which could be anyone of us. Unless there is a crash, it isn't worth your time to prove your point to this meathead. You'd be surprised how many people aren't paying the least bit of attention to what they are doing when they are driving a vehicle that could do major damage to the people outside of the conflict and then you are in deep doo-doo whether you are right or wrong in your own mind. I am surprised at how many people change lanes on the freeway (65 mph+) right in front of me leaving about a half car length between us. I just take my foot off the gas, slowly back up and keep driving. I've even had that person flip me off and start doing the brake tapping thing because I am right behind them. I'm not trying to be a martyr, because I have had my fair share of flipping people off which leads absolutely nowhere. However, escalating the situation to the point where both parties are pulling over will never solve anything. Both of you think you are right and will never back down. Sometimes, I think our cars instigate a lot of people think we are going too fast, even if we are going the same speed as everyone else. Long response, but next time just ignore it, keep your cool the best you can and go about your daily routine. HAPPY DRIVING bro!
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nothing will happen. If something would have happened they would have filed a report already and you would have gotten a call from someone at the police department.

I was heading up Germantown pike. There was a lady driving slow in front of me and we came up to the red light at potshop rd. Light turns green and she doesn't go over 10 mph. It turns into a turning lane kind of and I pass her on the right and then merge back in front of her. On top of this another car did it behind me. We both made it into the left lane before the line goes to solid white. If anyone has ever been there you know people still merge to go strait at the last second all the time and deserve a ticket more then me at least it wasn't a solid white yet. So I get to the light at Whitehall where the super wawa is and I notice she stops in the turn lane behind me. I think nothing of it till my mom calls and said the cops called the house.

I run my errands and get home and call the cops. The guy asks if I was in that area and I said yes. He asked if anything happened and I said no why. He says the lady said I passed her illegally I explained what happened and the cop said it's a solid line the whole way up which was bs. I could have lied and said I don't know what he's talking about but I didn't. So he sent me a ticket. I was going to fight it but it wasn't worth the time and money lost at work. I was doing a lot of work far away and would have to drive instead of going in the work truck and leave really early and miss pretty much the whole day. I just paid it. I totally feel like reporting everyone that merges over when the line is white just to make a point. But yeah to make my point if he said something to someone you would have still gotten a call to get your side of the story.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    No wonder Brian always claims he feels like a 12 year old boy.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I use to get angry and convey it but it just doesn't seem worth it anymore especially when I think on one avenue of this chain death is a result....9 times out of 10 now....I just annoy the pissed off ones.... be it blocking a lane change they were hoping for etc. whatever makes them drive slower.... that makes me feel better because then i can laugh because i can see their annoyance.

Im not above watching someone be an ass (Aggressively driving) and pulling up ahead of them to slow down and let all the traffic hes passed pass me

people get shot all the time doing a confrontation....

i always just back off, or use my superior vehicle to pass them.

and with out a doubt, that was NOT a cop. they don't do stuff like that. my misses entire side of the family is all in law enforcement. and he never said he was a cop, but if you have his tag #, I would report it and they will take his FOP placard real quick.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Vez
    Thanks everyone...good info. I didn't take note of the actual plate #. Normally I would; I've been in similar situations and I specifically took pictures of the plate and car, but my mind was elsewhere that day. :P

Based on what everyone has said, and after talking to my friend, there's not much to do except forget about it. If something happens, it happens....I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Vez - your a cop magnet lately bro! remind me to leave a couple car lengths between you & me when we do the next fun-run together .
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    people get shot all the time doing a confrontation....

i always just back off, or use my superior vehicle to pass them.
    Indy is right, use your superior vehicle to pass them..
    Years ago my dad and his brother got into a rode rage, they were just arguing and then the guy pulled a gun and started shooting, he did not get my dad but got my uncle in the hand.
    It won't matter who's fault it was if you end up dead.
    "Take time to ponder which things you are most grateful for and which things are of greatest need in your life"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12