Modified Exhaust Ticket in Phoenixville! - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Modified Exhaust Ticket in Phoenixville! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; subscribed. I get pulled over every once and a while for an exhaust ticket so maybe it'll help some day....

subscribed. I get pulled over every once and a while for an exhaust ticket so maybe it'll help some day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    I explained it all in the "Careless Driving Ticket in Royersford" thread... To answer your question, though, I motioned for him to pull over.

To hijack my own thread since I think it's now dead...
    Black belt, golden gloves? Very nice. What martial arts have you studied? Where were you a golden gloves? What weight did/do you fight at? The love of my Subie is a far, far, far second to my love of martial arts and full contact fighting and weapons.
    American style Karate--Uncle was instructor. Shelves of trophies, etc, but as you probably know, it's all in the quality of the region, and mine wasn't that high quality. Did it for 10 years and would love to pick it up again, but life is funny that way.

Golden Gloves another story. Regionals were in Kobo in Detroit. Serious competition. Ranked 2nd and 3rd in the state at 95lbs and 155 lbs---9th and 10th grade. Kept at it for a while but it got to be too abusive to my cranium fighting non-trained individuals who relied on brute strength. I could still win and stay in the top 10% in the state, but it was at a cost that I found not worth it. Sides...it was taking up too much time from my greater loves...cars and women.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Vez
    Sounds great! If you ever wanted to play some, please let me know. I'm always intersted in getting together with new people who have a laid-back mind set. I'd be up for anything from sharing info and techiniques to sparring/rolling (I'm comfortable going full contact or no contact....doesn't matter to me as much as the new experience and people) and everything in between. I've been instructing and doing full contact weapons and full contact MMA for about 15 years now....Jun Fan JKD, Kali, Muay Thai (we had to get our American Amateur Boxing Certification when I was training Thai), jujitsu/shooto as well as several others so I'm always interested in seeing how other people do things.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds great! If you ever wanted to play some, please let me know. I'm always intersted in getting together with new people who have a laid-back mind set. I'd be up for anything from sharing info and techiniques to sparring/rolling (I'm comfortable going full contact or no contact....doesn't matter to me as much as the new experience and people) and everything in between. I've been instructing and doing full contact weapons and full contact MMA for about 15 years now....Jun Fan JKD, Kali, Muay Thai (we had to get our American Amateur Boxing Certification when I was training Thai), jujitsu/shooto as well as several others so I'm always interested in seeing how other people do things.
    Thanks for the offer...but I haven't done anything like that for almost 20 years. Yeah...I'm probably a bit older than you. My neighbor is an instructor and I join them sometimes, but I truly don't have enough time in the day for extracuricular activities anymore. Sad but true. A job, wife, and 4 kids tends to reoriente your life style a bit. Wouldn't have it any other way though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Vez
    Fair enough. Being married changes things...and I know having children REALLY changes things; your time is no longer your own.

You're probably not that much older than me...if at all!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..

My bjj instructer said it took him 14 years to get his black belt from his master lol i was like ...

if any of you guys happen 2 swing by north west florida(eglin afb) come roll with us.

try not to come on wednesdays b/c those are cardio days......adn the suck lmao.

MySpace.com - Capitao Jiu-Jitsu & MMA - 28 - Male - Fort Walton Beach, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/capitaojj
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1234

"If it has **** or tires it will give you problems"

I Support ClubWRX
    Fair enough. Being married changes things...and I know having children REALLY changes things; your time is no longer your own.

You're probably not that much older than me...if at all!
    I just checked out your profile. I'm in the pharma world myself...BMS. Who are you with?

Still bet I'm older. Lets see....I grew up with 3 channels + teh "fuzzy" UHF channels. I remember the lunar landings, and various inventions such as the remote control, the home computer (programmed on an Eniac in college, first PC was a TRS180), and portable cell phone (I had a bag phone for years). heh...beat that.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I just checked out your profile. I'm in the pharma world myself...BMS. Who are you with?

Still bet I'm older. Lets see....I grew up with 3 channels + teh "fuzzy" UHF channels. I remember the lunar landings, and various inventions such as the remote control, the home computer (programmed on an Eniac in college, first PC was a TRS180), and portable cell phone (I had a bag phone for years). heh...beat that.
    I'm with GlaxoSmithKline.

Okay, okay...that's impressive. I remember those fuzzy 3 channels and no remote...and the rabbit ears...and the vertical and horizontial knobs on the back of the tv were the answer to all tv issues....as well as the open-hand slap to the side of the tv. My first PC was a Texas Instruments that didn't even use Basic. Crap....I think you may have edged me out!

How about...before Sesame St. came on, it was 3-2-1 Contact and then the Electric Company; my mom had a green station wagon with paneling on the outiside. Oh! here's a good one....

I was at the 1980 Olympic hockey game betwenn us and Russia (the game that the movie "Miracle" portrayed). ...okay, I was pretty young for that, but I was there! lol
    Last edited by Vez; 03-06-2009 at 07:03 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManCub View Post
    My bjj instructer said it took him 14 years to get his black belt from his master lol i was like ...

if any of you guys happen 2 swing by north west florida(eglin afb) come roll with us.

try not to come on wednesdays b/c those are cardio days......adn the suck lmao.

MySpace.com - Capitao Jiu-Jitsu & MMA - 28 - Male - Fort Walton Beach, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/capitaojj
    I'd love to but I've never even been to Florida! lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Vez
    So, I went to 06icywrx's trial today (in Phoenixville....same cop, same district justice, same ticket). I took my lunch late today just to be able to go and it was worth it...when the cop saw me there, the face he made was great.

His lawyer had prepared 2 arguments for him. They were the same as the 2nd and 3rd arguments I posted. However, the cop agreed to drop the ticket if he put a silencer in the exhaust and let him hear it...to which he agreed.

Afterwards, I was talking to his lawyer and showing her my file when another cop started asking us questions. He wasn't confrontational and just wanted to discuss it a little more, to which I give him full credit. After some debate, he asked why use an exhaust we knowthey would think sound louder than normal when we can get one with the same performance that's just quieter. I finally got to say, "Why don't cops just learn what the actual law is and enforce that? If I'm not breaking any laws, why should I have to conform to the will of the officer instead of him enforcing what is actual law? That defeats the purpose of having that law." He had no response. Right before I left, I saw Officer Fusco (the one issuing these tickets) talking to someone in the back office area and pointing at me. I waved. Before I left I said, "I guess I made a bunch of enemies now..." The cop we were talking to laughed and said , "No, we're not like that." I said, "What about Officer Fusco?" He just laughed.... ....all still completely worth it.
    Last edited by Vez; 04-06-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

I Support ClubWRX
    So, I went to 06icywrx's trial today (in Phoenixville....same cop, same district justice, same ticket). I took my lunch late today just to be able to go and it was worth it...when the cop saw me there, the face he made was great.

His lawyer had prepared 2 arguments for him. They were the same as the 2nd and 3rd arguments I posted. However, the cop agreed to drop the ticket if he put a silencer in the exhaust and let him hear it...to which he agreed.

Afterwards, I was talking to his lawyer and showing her my file when another cop started asking us questions. He wasn't confrontational and just wanted to discuss it a little more, to which I give him full credit. After some debate, he asked why use an exhaust we knowthey would think sound louder than normal when we can get one with the same performance that's just quieter. I finally got to say, "Why don't cops just learn what the actual law is and enforce that? If I'm not breaking any laws, why should I have to conform to the will of the officer instead of him enforcing what is actual law? That defeats the purpose of having that law." He had no response. Right before I left, I saw Officer Fusco (the one issuing these tickets) talking to someone in the back office area and pointing at me. I waved. Before I left I said, "I guess I made a bunch of enemies now..." The cop we were talking to laughed and said , "No, we're not like that." I said, "What about Officer Fusco?" He just laughed.... ....all still completely worth it.
    Priceless ... Nice digs you got in there.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Vez
    Thanks. I was smiling the rest of the day.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Vez

Fly out to cali just kidding... but i am an 19 year old male that just recieved a modified exhaust ticket.... by none other then a motorcycle cop! Yeah believe it or not he also asked me to pop the hood before writting me the ticket knowing that some cops are ****s i did this quickly and was very polite as i also handed him my liscence....

Also of course in my small town cops have nothing better to do then to sit out front of a new movie theatre that is hosting the new release of Fast and Furios 4 which falsley advertised the new Sti which would have lost all the muscle cars and rwd tuners in that cave...lol any way my point is the cops are just looking for street racers ok ya no problem street racing should be illegal... but here is the funny part a parking lot security gaurd asked the cop why he pulled me over n gave me a ticket as i was leaving i had to wait for the answer the first word out his mouth was street racing... even though he told me he knew my car does not have a turbo and he saw that i had nothing else modified... i just love the sound of my car and it is not to loud i know it is not louder then a stock STI or a stock GT or alot of cars out there..... the guy was a **** also didnt put down a reading cause he didnt get one he just said that my exhaust was modified and i needed to put back on the stock one even though i recieved my car with this muffler TIP yes i just have the tip and he didn't even take a good look... it has honeycomb inside but he didnt even bend down to look at that...

Any ways i have no idea what type of muffler it is there is no stamp on it... what should i do if i cannot get it signed off by a cop that is a family friend?

P.S. the funny part was that the cop thought i was a street racer when i have at most 185 hp u guys would prob kno exactly how much i have!!

but come on my grandma's malibu is probably faster then my car
    Last edited by Cali1998Rs; 04-08-2009 at 07:18 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali1998Rs View Post
    Fly out to cali just kidding... but i am an 19 year old male that just recieved a modified exhaust ticket.... by none other then a motorcycle cop! Yeah believe it or not he also asked me to pop the hood before writting me the ticket knowing that some cops are ****s i did this quickly and was very polite as i also handed him my liscence....

Also of course in my small town cops have nothing better to do then to sit out front of a new movie theatre that is hosting the new release of Fast and Furios 4 which falsley advertised the new Sti which would have lost all the muscle cars and rwd tuners in that cave...lol any way my point is the cops are just looking for street racers ok ya no problem street racing should be illegal... but here is the funny part a parking lot security gaurd asked the cop why he pulled me over n gave me a ticket as i was leaving i had to wait for the answer the first word out his mouth was street racing... even though he told me he knew my car does not have a turbo and he saw that i had nothing else modified... i just love the sound of my car and it is not to loud i know it is not louder then a stock STI or a stock GT or alot of cars out there..... the guy was a **** also didnt put down a reading cause he didnt get one he just said that my exhaust was modified and i needed to put back on the stock one even though i recieved my car with this muffler TIP yes i just have the tip and he didn't even take a good look... it has honeycomb inside but he didnt even bend down to look at that...

Any ways i have no idea what type of muffler it is there is no stamp on it... what should i do if i cannot get it signed off by a cop that is a family friend?

P.S. the funny part was that the cop thought i was a street racer when i have at most 185 hp u guys would prob kno exactly how much i have!!

but come on my grandma's malibu is probably faster then my car
    thanks...my brain is now thoroughly jumbled....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with GlaxoSmithKline.

Okay, okay...that's impressive. I remember those fuzzy 3 channels and no remote...and the rabbit ears...and the vertical and horizontial knobs on the back of the tv were the answer to all tv issues....as well as the open-hand slap to the side of the tv. My first PC was a Texas Instruments that didn't even use Basic. Crap....I think you may have edged me out!

How about...before Sesame St. came on, it was 3-2-1 Contact and then the Electric Company; my mom had a green station wagon with paneling on the outiside. Oh! here's a good one....

I was at the 1980 Olympic hockey game betwenn us and Russia (the game that the movie "Miracle" portrayed). ...okay, I was pretty young for that, but I was there! lol
    Are you at the Collegeville site? I managed the validation for that entire site when Glaxo Welcome bought if off Kodak (worked for JCI at the time). Also was the America's southern network rationalization manager when GW and SKB merged. Lived in the UK and Brazil for that stint....sweet job.

heh...how about romper room and yes...I vaquely remember howdy doody.
    Sesame street and Electric company came out (I think) when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I was more into Zoom I think.
    Black & White Lassie, Andy Griffith, etc. I remember getting our first color tv.
    I remember Viet Nam, Nixon, Watergate, the first Earth Day.
    Here is the big one...I had several pairs of platform shoes, and my favorite pants were bellbottoms that my mom converted from regular pants by cutting the bottoms and sewing in a paisley insert. Man was I cool.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 04-09-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.