nj newbie question

This is a discussion on nj newbie question within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, I'm a recent wrx owner. Bought a slightly used 05 wagon last year. Low mileage, great deal. At ...

nj newbie question

Hey guys,

I'm a recent wrx owner. Bought a slightly used 05 wagon last year. Low mileage, great deal. At the time I was back and forth between this and a civic si. I am sooooo glad i went with the wrx. Absolutely phenomenal car!!! And the more I read about minor mods giving huge gains, the more I am satisfied with the car.

That said, anyone in NJ do Cobb Stage 2 and go to a NJ inspection station? Any problems? I have read the forums, and it seems that private inspection will be no problem, but $50 is $50, and if I can save it by going to a regular inspection station, then that much better.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first off, welcome to the club.

about the inspection issue, i'm guessing it's smogging your vehicle. if so, what i plan on doing is swapping in my oem downpipe before smog. i don't live in new jersey, but cali is pretty strict on emissions. hope that helped.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

i live in nj 2 your not gonna make it through inspection being stage2 ive never tried it but being catless you wont make it i say keep your stock exhaust and switch it before you through inspection if you wanna save the 50$
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

No CEL and enough miles on it, no problem at a state inspection center -- just my experience (with a stage 4 WRX). Private NJ inspections are completely suspect if they're cool with CEL's; go to them only if your emissions are clean and you want to pass with tints -- so I'm told.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by subywagon View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm a recent wrx owner. Bought a slightly used 05 wagon last year. Low mileage, great deal. At the time I was back and forth between this and a civic si. I am sooooo glad i went with the wrx. Absolutely phenomenal car!!! And the more I read about minor mods giving huge gains, the more I am satisfied with the car.

That said, anyone in NJ do Cobb Stage 2 and go to a NJ inspection station? Any problems? I have read the forums, and it seems that private inspection will be no problem, but $50 is $50, and if I can save it by going to a regular inspection station, then that much better.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

where'd you buy the wagon from? it might be my old one. and i traded my wagon for a civic si
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

I bought it at Turnersville Honda. Ironically, I saw it there while I was looking for a Civic Si. It was such a good deal, I couldn't resist. And it was in great condition.

That said, thanks for everyone's input. I kind of assumed that there would be issues. I'm due for inspection in January. I'll go through stock then, and then change everything after. Then put on the stock for inspection in '11.