Good driving around Philly
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good driving around Philly within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all, in Philly for my final year at Penn. Over the summer I got to upgrade from an 84 ...

Good driving around Philly

Hey all, in Philly for my final year at Penn. Over the summer I got to upgrade from an 84 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel to an 02 WRX wagon, don't need to tell yall how excited I am. The problem is, I don't really know myself of any great twisties near Philly, and I was hoping maybe some of you could help me out with some suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So many to list ... go into rural Bucks, western Montgomery or northern Chester counties.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I hear ya, but where are they? What exits do I get off, and do you have any specific recs? I've never been around those areas, no reason to go except to drive

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to be willing to explore and get lost (fun finding your way back though).

Whereabouts are you coming from?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

well for sure, but i need some good roads to start on, and if i want to get some friends together for a multi-car run we wont want to just drive around not finding anything good. im in west philly, so theres nothing here, and ive never been to anything outside philly other than the road to nj turnpike...

I Support ClubWRX
    You have many options ... I am partial to the area around Route 23 from Valley Forge to French Creek State Park. Take the Schuylkill Expressway to 202 south to 422 west. Get off at 23 west. Stay on 23 through Valley Forge Park (keep it cool through the park). Some nice roads in that area, although traffic might be a little heavier than you would like. Take time to check out the park while you are there.

Stay on route 23 through Phoenixville; 23 will veer to the left - 724 will go straight. A lot of nice roads north and south along 23 from that point on west. French Creek State Park is on 345 near 23 and 345. Again, many nice roads on either side of 23 all the way out to 345 (and beyond).

Happy exploring.
    Mods & Pics

Hit the blue route and take route 1 towards PA-DE line. When u get to Brandywine there's a lot of nice roads around Chadds Ford. Rt 100 either way is a fun run.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

The only twisty road that I know of is Kelly Drive. I used to have to take Kelly drive after picking up my gf from work at midnight. At that time, no cars + twisty street = fun fun fun. I used to do it all the time when i had my Spec-V. I've only been able to do it once since I've had my wagon.
    2003 Silver Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon w/ teh 6k HID's, endlinks, SS brake lines, & EBC Greenstuffs.....Catback awating install.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly03Wagon View Post
    The only twisty road that I know of is Kelly Drive. I used to have to take Kelly drive after picking up my gf from work at midnight. At that time, no cars + twisty street = fun fun fun. I used to do it all the time when i had my Spec-V. I've only been able to do it once since I've had my wagon.
    Yeah Kelly is awesome. If you live in Philly too, where do you go for nice drives? I wish I knew some good roads in places like the Main Line and North suburbs, for example.

Germantown Ave or any place in NE Philly at around 3am.

Oh wait, that's for live GTA...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by GoKartMozart315 View Post
    Yeah Kelly is awesome. If you live in Philly too, where do you go for nice drives? I wish I knew some good roads in places like the Main Line and North suburbs, for example.
    Honestly, I dont do too much spirited driving. well, not as much as I used lol Kelly drive is the best one I know of. There is only other place that I take when I go up to my moms house in the NorthEast. Its off of Summerdale, kinda hidden. A lot of twisites but its hard to say the directions lol I'll try and find a map for it. The street is called Krewstown Road.

BUT there are a few problems with this very short drive.
    There is a small bridge along it that kinda gets narrow.
    Lighting at night isnt the best.
    A little bumpy.
    After the bridge, there is a spot on the side where people stop and park to go walk/run/bike/skate along the trails across the little river (Pennypack Park), So if you go through it during daylight, you will be heard lol
    JUST BE CAREFULL, its a bad feeling coming around a corner, not being able to see anything and there a slow moving vehicle right in front of you and no where to go.
    2003 Silver Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon w/ teh 6k HID's, endlinks, SS brake lines, & EBC Greenstuffs.....Catback awating install.

Banned
    I'd pretty much stay out of the city limits for spirited driving. Bucks County is where the good stuff is. Low population density in the north, gravel, dirt, tarmac, twisties with scenic river views, its got it all.
    Last edited by mbs627; 09-23-2008 at 08:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.