Subies in Binghamton
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subies in Binghamton within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hey just got up here for school and i saw a couple subies, just wanted to kno if anyone was ...

Subies in Binghamton

hey just got up here for school and i saw a couple subies, just wanted to kno if anyone was part of the club
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    CNYSUBARUS.COM

I head down that way every once in a while to see some of our Bing crew - we'll probably do a dinner meet sometime next month.

Shame you picked there for school - there's not much to do (I was there through fall semester last year).

As for "entertainment": The Rat and Sports Bar are your best bets for bars - they have a history of being "lenient" with the door. I lived by the Dunkin Donuts on Main St, so I spent a lot of time at the Cyber Cafe (right next to Wendy's) - 23 beers on tap, and a lot of live music (my roommates played there a few times).

What school you in? I was Watson.

Where you living? Mountainview is the best housing.

I can give you advice on teachers / courses to take - just shoot me a PM
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-24-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i seem to see alot of subies up here, mainly thw white sti, silver sti, black blue and red wrxs, but yea thanks for the advice i was thinking bout goin to the rat this weekend sometime.
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

csm
    I get up there about once every month or so. heading to the other side of the state next weekend to watkins glen for the vintage races.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti
    i seem to see alot of subies up here, mainly thw white sti, silver sti, black blue and red wrxs, but yea thanks for the advice i was thinking bout goin to the rat this weekend sometime.
    White STi - hawkeye? If so, I've run into him a few times.

I never saw another silver STi in my time there - must be new.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    A piece of advice:

Cops are somewhat harsh on drunken idiots - if you're minding your own business, and not doing something stupid, the cops won't bother you.

Some bars will require you to show your student ID as well (especially for out-of-state licenses), so make sure you have one that matches your ID

Don't wear real nice clothes/shoes to the Rat - your feet will stick to the floor with every step, and it's absolutely packed, so you will have drinks spilled on you. Also, watch out for people having sex on the dance floor (this was the final straw for me to stop going there).

Aside from the Rat (I know a guy who got in with a female ID), get to know the bouncers well (they'll remember you). Give them a $5 tip - this will go a long way to getting in without a wait, having any trouble, etc.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.