Bent wheel

This is a discussion on Bent wheel within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; can someone recommend a shop that fixes bent wheels? I have at least 1 Rota tarmac II wheel that got ...

Bent wheel

can someone recommend a shop that fixes bent wheels?

I have at least 1 Rota tarmac II wheel that got screwed up pretty badly... I think it's worth about $150 new, so I have to find out if it's worth it or not to have it fixed.

Thanks!
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Cool. I got my car back together yesterday and I definitely bent a wheel. I'll give these guys a call.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

Just called them. He said they start at $150 just for resurfacing and then whatever bending they have to do I will assume only adds to the cost. I called up just tires to see if Patric (auto cross guy) could help reccommend a place to have it retrued. He wasn't there, but the guy I talked to who was working there said don't even bother unless the wheel costs $500 or more, which it clearly doesn't. I'm going to have to decide wheather I should buy a new one and do what I can to touch up the other badly curb rashed rim, or sell them for whatever I can get for them (not much). I'm leaning towards buying a new one, sticking all seasons on them, and buying a nice light weight set of rims for summer/autox.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy a new wheel. Rotas are known for bending and cracking.

General rule of thumb is you're retrued wheel will never be as strong as a new one will. Personally unless my wheels were ultra light Rays or Volks at $700 a piece, or 3 piece HRE's, I'd just buy a new one.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE