NJ Inspection

This is a discussion on NJ Inspection within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am looking for a private inspection station that will pass my car with tints. Anyone know a place? PM ...

ohm

NJ Inspection

I am looking for a private inspection station that will pass my car with tints. Anyone know a place? PM me.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ohm View Post
    I am looking for a private inspection station that will pass my car with tints. Anyone know a place? PM me.

Thanks.
    If you were catless, I could help you out. But not with Tint.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

ohm
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    If you were catless, I could help you out. But not with Tint.
    Damn. I am actually waiting to get my TBE installed after my inspection. It seems that in NJ people are willing to over look emissions over tints.

Damn. I am actually waiting to get my TBE installed after my inspection. It seems that in NJ people are willing to over look emissions over tints.
    How many people do you know of that have gotten tint tickets? How many people do you know of that have gotten catless tickets?

Tint is pretty easy to get caught with. If a private inspection station is caught passing cars illegally, they can be fined or even lose their inspection license.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

In my limited experience, emissions and CEL's are strictly enforced in NJ, period; tints are definitely an issue at state inspection centers. I wonder what your local private inspection places would do if your CEL's and emissions are cool but you still have tints.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by virpacalis View Post
    In my limited experience, emissions and CEL's are strictly enforced in NJ, period; tints are definitely an issue at state inspection centers. I wonder what your local private inspection places would do if your CEL's and emissions are cool but you still have tints.
    from what I hear from most people, private places won't do inspection with tint

though I know people who have snuck through with 50% and higher

I can get my car inspected with tint, and catless if I want to. But I really think having tint in NJ is just begging to be harrassed. It was cool to look at, and nice to have. But that was severely outweighed by having cops warn me about my tint constantly.

I need a NJ inspection also. No tints , but I have a check engine light. can anyone hook me up ?

If you live anywhere near brookdale community then I have a place for you if he still does it. He'll pretend to give you a hard time but there's always a new sticker when you come back.

I would never get tints on my car ever again, I got pulled over everyday for 5 days and got tickets for it.
    JDM is a mentality, an attitude, a culture, a desire and philosophy!

WWW.Ilovewired.COM