02 subie owner in Erie, PA with ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 subie owner in Erie, PA with ? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I was planning on leaving my cat less downpipe and header/upipe and hi flow cat on until I moved to ...

02 subie owner in Erie, PA with ?

I was planning on leaving my cat less downpipe and header/upipe and hi flow cat on until I moved to erie. Now I'm told I'll fail the visual check if I take the car to a shop around here since I now have to register the car in erie county. So my question is does anyone live in erie who can give me some ideas on where I might be able to take my car and pass without removing anything?
    Plus it would also be nice to finally meet some other subaru owners from this area!
    Cobb 2, megan header and up-pipe, catless turbo xs rfl tbe, and other stuff...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey I'm from Corry. I would suggest taking it to some small shop outside of the city where they won't care. I'm not to knowledgeble about the inspection laws, but I would think that as long as they see a cat, you will be fine. I know people get away with punched out ones all the time. Avoid the stealerships at all cost.

I actually used to live in spring creek, so I know that area pretty well! Do you have any suggestions as far as garages around in corry? I know of a few in town mainly the tire dealership guy across from the cop shop.
    If I'm correct corry is part of erie county which would mean if I could find a place out there it would def be alot better. As far as stealerships yeah I don't even bother I try to do all my own work, but what I can't do I go through guys I've known all my life with their own garages! But keep me posted!!

Ok cool! Just so I understand the situation...are you trying to get an inspection so you can register your car in PA? I usually take mine to Ray Mosher, my friend's grandpa, for inspections. He is beside little ceasers and the movie store on smith street. His garage is tiny tho so usually you have to make an appointment like a week ahead.

Cool right down from the hospital I know where that is! Yeah I'll definitely check that out I've got 2 more months before inspection but it's always better to be prepared!

Hey I saw a blue bugeye wagon in Corry the other day...I wondered if you came into town.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.