So how much is this citation gonna cost me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on So how much is this citation gonna cost me? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rr1911 would you of rather gotten a ticket for speeding + the points or the bs ticket ...

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    would you of rather gotten a ticket for speeding + the points or the bs ticket for your tint ?

i think the cop cut you a break so be happy
    ...I was going 35 in a 30. There was no way he could have given me a speeding ticket considering he was traveling the opposite direction that I was.

The only thing i had complained about is the manner in which the cop pulled me over (he thought i had something illegal in my car) and the manner in which he showed me that my window tint was too dark. I simply posted this thread to see how much the citation would cost me as the officer gave me no indication.
    Last edited by Hold_Fast; 06-05-2008 at 06:04 AM.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast
    ...I was going 35 in a 30. There was no way he could have given me a speeding ticket considering he was traveling the opposite direction that I was.
    You are joking, correct?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by rexbro View Post
    A five over speeding ticket is a fine but no points in PA. I think the fine is around 90$.
    In many cases a judge will reduce a speeding ticket to a five over if you fight the ticket in court. Just make sure you are really nice to the cop and don't bs him if you do get pulled over.
    You're right. I could be wrong, but I believe that in PA the minimum moving violation fine -total- is something like $93.50 or some strange number close to that. The actual minimum is like $25 or something but then they charge you for possible ambulance jeopardy (or something along those lines) as well as several other charges like that. And from my experience, it's the cop that usually approaches you prior to the start of the trial to make a deal with you....plead guilty and he'll reduce the fine and amount of points, but never below 3. ...Don't quote me on that, though. :P
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Another thing in PA is that the local police don't typically use radar. They use VASCAR instead. The state police do use radar but it sounds like it wasn't a state cop.
    So if it was a local cop he probably didn't have grounds to issue a speeding ticket considering that he was traveling in the opposite direction at night.

in alabama its $138 and 2 points on your license.

Vez
    Another thing in PA is that the local police don't typically use radar. They use VASCAR instead. The state police do use radar but it sounds like it wasn't a state cop.
    So if it was a local cop he probably didn't have grounds to issue a speeding ticket considering that he was traveling in the opposite direction at night.
    +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

That is correct. Local cop.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Two other speed detection devices used by PA local police are ENRADD (Electronic Non RAdar Detection Device) and ESP (Excessive Speed Preventer).
    I have seen the ENRADD set up in Solebury township (Bucks county) a few times. Watch for white brackets on either side of the road - they are usually obscured by the vegetation along the roadway. I think ESP is two rubber hoses across the road - I haven't seen that around here.
    Last edited by rexbro; 06-06-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added word

"often eliminating the need to pursue the target vehicle."

Why wouldnt they need to pursue a vehicle if it was speeding?

If cops were smart, they'd start making a device to put on new cars and when the cop touches a button, the vehicles engine could be cut off and stopped within seconds. This would eliminate pursuits saving tons of lives.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post

If cops were smart, they'd start making a device to put on new cars and when the cop touches a button, the vehicles engine could be cut off and stopped within seconds. This would eliminate pursuits saving tons of lives.
    ban.

They can be up the road waiting for the vehicle.

unban. for thinking SAFETY FIRST!
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

unban. for thinking SAFETY FIRST!
    Un-ban only if you were joking about the smart cop button thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123