So how much is this citation gonna cost me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on So how much is this citation gonna cost me? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by idipskoalmint It's not so much a competition in that regard, but a DWI/DUI is a very expensive ...

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    It's not so much a competition in that regard, but a DWI/DUI is a very expensive citation, so the city gets a good chunk of revenue, which would be why they want to give them out as much as possible.
    I still believe it is a competition to give out the most DUI citations.
    Check this article out if you are skeptical. This competition is basically sponsored by MADD.

A few excerpts from the article:

"Officers were awarded for various achievements that they have reached in the past year. Notables included Officer Josh Mallery, who made a Quakertown police record 50 DUI arrests, counting towards a third of the entire department's DUI busts last year"

"Mallery and Quakertown Officer Mario Cabrera were two of 11 police officers in Bucks County recognized by Mothers Against Drunk Driving as having the highest number of drunk driving arrests in 2007."

"MADD rewarded each officer with a tray of cookies and a certificate of appreciation. In addition, each officer received a personally signed certificate of achievement from U.S. Congressman Patrick Murphy. Cabrera made 23 DUI arrests in 2007."
    Last edited by rexbro; 05-23-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: tried to fix link

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rexbro View Post
    I still believe it is a competition to give out the most DUI citations.
    Check out if you are skeptical. This competition is basically sponsored by MADD.

A few excerpts from the article:

"Officers were awarded for various achievements that they have reached in the past year. Notables included Officer Josh Mallery, who made a Quakertown police record 50 DUI arrests, counting towards a third of the entire department's DUI busts last year"

"Mallery and Quakertown Officer Mario Cabrera were two of 11 police officers in Bucks County recognized by Mothers Against Drunk Driving as having the highest number of drunk driving arrests in 2007."

"MADD rewarded each officer with a tray of cookies and a certificate of appreciation. In addition, each officer received a personally signed certificate of achievement from U.S. Congressman Patrick Murphy. Cabrera made 23 DUI arrests in 2007."
    to protect and serve

Quote Originally Posted by juventus1983 View Post
    to protect and serve
    I am totally for arresting people for drunken/drugged driving. I am against police pulling people over without probable cause and then giving them a bs ticket to justify pulling them over and not finding anything.

1) You were on a major road. (why limit your late night driving?)
    2) Do not pay a fine if your tint is legal. Take the ticket to court and argue your case. You will need to prove to the judge that you are in compliance with the law. My personal advice is lose the tint because it is only another reason to get pulled over.
    Technicaly, I feel that I was on a back road. The highway turns into a two lane, 30 mph speed limit road that goes through a small town.

But anyway...I've decided to deal with the citation for now. I've spoken to some friends and supposedly the max i'll have to pay out is $115 versus $225 for new window tint. I've decided that if I have another problem with it, the tint will come off. But I really doubt that I'll have another encounter with the law over tint.

Simple enough.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Quote Originally Posted by juventus1983 View Post
    to protect and serve
    Please do me the favor of at least including the link I provided to the article if you are going to quote me.

I know where i am from in California its considered a fix-it and is a 10 dollar fine. Ive never had one but i asked a cop about it. Its funny all of my windows are tinted and i know the front ones are def passed legal limit (im unsure about the percentage, it came with the car when i bought it.) and i never get bothered about it..
    I also think its funny when cops ask you if you have anything in the car, now why the hell would you tell them, they need consent or probable cause to even search your car. Or at least thats how it is in California..
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P
    2008 hatch - Perrin stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by morphine16 View Post
    I know where i am from in California its considered a fix-it and is a 10 dollar fine. Ive never had one but i asked a cop about it. Its funny all of my windows are tinted and i know the front ones are def passed legal limit (im unsure about the percentage, it came with the car when i bought it.) and i never get bothered about it..
    I also think its funny when cops ask you if you have anything in the car, now why the hell would you tell them, they need consent or probable cause to even search your car. Or at least thats how it is in California..
    Your front windows cant have any tint on them at all.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

lol yeah i heard that but i was unsure of it..
    Well i guess the po in my area dont care to much about it then, ive been driving my car for about 8 months and i haven't been bothered =)
    I got pulled over for registration like a week ago, and the cop didn't even mention it..
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by morphine16 View Post
    Why yes officer, I just so happen to have copious amounts of ganga in rear passenger seat.
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Why yes officer, I just so happen to have copious amounts of ganga in rear passenger seat.
    You should keep that stuff in the trunk.

haha yeah, like do they really think that im going to tell them i have illegal things in my car??
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

You should keep that stuff in the trunk.
    Nah, see my strategy is to instantly say "just don't look in the trunk" as soon as the officer pops the question.
    ~Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Nah, see my strategy is to instantly say "just don't look in the trunk" as soon as the officer pops the question.
    this made me laugh =)

would you of rather gotten a ticket for speeding + the points or the bs ticket for your tint ?

i think the cop cut you a break so be happy
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

A five over speeding ticket is a fine but no points in PA. I think the fine is around 90$.
    In many cases a judge will reduce a speeding ticket to a five over if you fight the ticket in court. Just make sure you are really nice to the cop and don't bs him if you do get pulled over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast