Local shops for Up pipe/turbo back install

This is a discussion on Local shops for Up pipe/turbo back install within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey does anyone know a shop that can do this install for a reasonable price? I can do it myself ...

Local shops for Up pipe/turbo back install

Hey does anyone know a shop that can do this install for a reasonable price? I can do it myself but I honestly don't have as much time since working full time in the city. Even if I could get someone to do the up pipe it would be a huge help. Precision quoted me $240 with me providing all the gaskets which I thought was just a little high. I just dont know if I trust any old exhaust shop to do an install on a part thats not really common on other cars (up pipe). I want to order the S*RS dp,up, and catback but want to have money set aside to get it on fairly quick so its not sitting in boxes in my room heh. Any recommendations would help. Thanks!
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i could do all that for you.......but you live far away.....i did my pipes, hard the first time but it gets easier every time.....i could do it for real cheap too
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    Hey does anyone know a shop that can do this install for a reasonable price? I can do it myself but I honestly don't have as much time since working full time in the city. Even if I could get someone to do the up pipe it would be a huge help. Precision quoted me $240 with me providing all the gaskets which I thought was just a little high. I just dont know if I trust any old exhaust shop to do an install on a part thats not really common on other cars (up pipe). I want to order the S*RS dp,up, and catback but want to have money set aside to get it on fairly quick so its not sitting in boxes in my room heh. Any recommendations would help. Thanks!
    Here's my advice. You can't afford to mod your car so you should leave it stock. $240 for an up-pipe is about right, price wise, and if you can't even afford to have someone put the part on properly, what are you going to do if something major breaks on your car? Sell it and buy a beater? Put it all on a credit card at a dealership and cross your fingers they do the work right? I would recommend if you can't afford to have the parts installed by a professional shop and you don't know how to do it yourself, you leave well enough alone.

Just my $.02

ah curses, I assume from your profile you live in Lancaster PA, which is a couple hours away. I'll see if anyone else can do it a little closer.

I never said I couldn't do it myself
    I can do it myself but I honestly don't have as much time since working full time in the city
    , I said I don't have the time as I am gone over 12 hours a day with my job. I have a barn with a ton of air tools/chests, etc. I just thought that $240 was a little high.
    Last edited by rotorocker; 05-01-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

$60/hr for labor for about 4 hours work. Not to mention the fact that if you get your stuff installed at Precision they will bend over backwards to make sure they do right by you if something isn't quite right with your car.

An up-pipe is a pretty easy job for a shadetree mechanic if you just follow the factory service manual. Not sure what good a whole barn full of tools is doing you if you work all day every day

fair enough, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them and they are local. I just thought that a shop that does this stuff on a daily basis would be able to get it done a little quicker and thus it would be less labor. And my barn rocks btw lol.
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

area1320 in nazareth has pretty good prices, and they specialize in subie work. it's a bit of a hike, but may be worth consideration.

i had my fenders ground out there, as well as some brake work. after the fenders were ground out, there didn't seem to be any rubbing, but on the drive home, i pushed it and was able to make it rub. well they put in another couple hours of work, and charged me nothing for it. not to mention i got that work done for less than the original quote because they got the work done so fast the first time, thinking they would not need to grind it down too far.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi