> Victory Meet - Saturday May 24th 2008 < - Page 11

View Poll Results: When to have the Victory Meat for May 2008?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • May 3

4 13.33%
  • May 10

2 6.67%
  • May 17

2 6.67%
  • May 24

9 30.00%
  • May 31

8 26.67%
  • Bewbs

4 13.33%
  • Bewbs. They come in twos, hard to choose.

14 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on > Victory Meet - Saturday May 24th 2008 < within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Why did the Police show up?...

Why did the Police show up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How did I possibly miss this? When did they show and for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_02_227 View Post
    Why did the Police show up?
    We were double parked.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

We were double parked.

haha....that was classic! I actually asked the Park ranger if I had time to run to drain the tank before we left for the fun-run, and he actually told me "no". I did anyways...just out of spite...."yeah, take that park ranger!"

I'd say they were there about 5 minutes total..just long enough for us to head on our way. If there's turnout like this in the future, it might be best to use one of the upper lots as they don't get as much traffic (wife & I have been going to this park for about 10 years, and it's always a zoo in this lower park). That way we can linger as long as needed without the pressure to move, and have more parking to boot.
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

I Support ClubWRX
    I am guessing they left shortly after the pic after someone told them we were not staying long.

Anyone know?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed pro View Post
    haha....that was classic! I actually asked the Park ranger if I had time to run to drain the tank before we left for the fun-run, and he actually told me "no". I did anyways...just out of spite...."yeah, take that park ranger!"

I'd say they were there about 5 minutes total..just long enough for us to head on our way. If there's turnout like this in the future, it might be best to use one of the upper lots as they don't get as much traffic (wife & I have been going to this park for about 10 years, and it's always a zoo in this lower park). That way we can linger as long as needed without the pressure to move, and have more parking to boot.
    5 minutes? How did I miss this? We have never needed the upper lot, but came close once. I hope you and the others were polite enough.
    Mods & Pics

yeah....they weren't really that bad...I'd say they were more concerned about cars like mine that weren't actually in a designated space (my bad!). I was right there, and everyone including myself was of course polite and I'm sure that's why you missed them...I think they just needed us to clear the jam where it was keeping traffic from flowing. If I had to guess, someone probably complained about since I was there for about 1/2 an hour before they showed up, which means the rangers themselves didn't see a problem with it.
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah....they weren't really that bad...I'd say they were more concerned about cars like mine that weren't actually in a designated space (my bad!). I was right there, and everyone including myself was of course polite and I'm sure that's why you missed them...I think they just needed us to clear the jam where it was keeping traffic from flowing. If I had to guess, someone probably complained about since I was there for about 1/2 an hour before they showed up, which means the rangers themselves didn't see a problem with it.
    Were they the local police, or rangers (the pic looks like rangers)? I forget what the view of the park is like up top ... been many moons since I was up there.
    Mods & Pics

Were they the local police, or rangers (the pic looks like rangers)? I forget what the view of the park is like up top ... been many moons since I was up there.
    They were the rangers....if memory serves me correctly if we were to bypass the first lot there (next to the boat launch) and go up the hill, there is two parallel lots on the left that run back a ways, are tree-lined, and there's even some grills up there that are first come/first serve use. Also, there is a swim-club pool up across from the lots which fill up from those that have membership to the pool area (not a free park option - again from memory). So, the spaces nearer the pool fill early, but the lots are deep enough to accomodate plenty of Subies & not-subies. Also, they are gravel - but so was the lower lot so no real difference there.
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:

Pennsylvania State Parks - Marsh Creek - PA DCNR

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statePar...creek_mini.pdf

(correction - according to DCNR website the pool is open to public...never attempted it since it's so damn crowded)
    Last edited by mazdaspeed pro; 05-29-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:

I Support ClubWRX

You musta been standing next to me. I was first in greeting the rangers, said "we're getting ready to go.", then called over to Bill to say we should get moving.

I don't think they were even there for 5 minutes.

Bill, I think you were taking pictures.]

At least this time we weren't parked in the trailer spots
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

A most excellent meet. It was great meeting new people and seeing the familiar crowd!
    2006 WRB WRX

yeah, it was only a few minutes, and all was polite. We were on our way out to ride, so it was quite tame. I just took a pic of his lights, found it amusing. Plus, it was an original pic. everyone had pis of the meeting place, the ride, and the end. This was something a little different...again, we were more then nice, and never even saw a single real issue the whole meet...A++++ in my book!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Vez
    I had an issue! I forgot my growler at home.

I'm not even a "drinker" but I do like to get a growler to go when we have a meet.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an issue, too. I am almost out of beer.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.