***Official Caravan to MidAtlantic Meet Thread: June 14th/15th - Page 3

View Poll Results: Would you like to join in a Caravan to head down to the Mid-Atlantic Meet?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...I support the cause and meeting a bunch of good people!

6 31.58%
  • No...Ray scares me

3 15.79%
  • Yes...because teh Bewbs are teh Secks!!!

5 26.32%
  • No...because I'm not going or going at a different time

5 26.32%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on ***Official Caravan to MidAtlantic Meet Thread: June 14th/15th within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Also, give me some ideas on how fast people drive. I frequent 80mph on interstates, but ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Also, give me some ideas on how fast people drive. I frequent 80mph on interstates, but obviously I wouldn't lead a pack of cars doing that fast. I'm thinking somewhere between 70-75mph is a good cruising speed for us long the way...
    I don't even hit 10mph over the limit, usually

I wouldn't hold any of you guys up - if you guys want to play around, it's cool with me, but just wait for me at the gas station until I caught up
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I don't even hit 10mph over the limit, usually

I wouldn't hold any of you guys up - if you guys want to play around, it's cool with me, but just wait for me at the gas station until I caught up
    75 would be 10 over on a lot of the roads you'd be driving
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff
    75 would be 10 over on a lot of the roads you'd be driving
    I was simply saying that 5-10mph over would be ideal.

I do 72 or 73 on Interstates - fast enough not to impede traffic, but slow enough that cops won't bother me
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I do 72 or 73 on Interstates - fast enough not to impede traffic, but slow enough that cops won't bother me
    +1. around here it's all out on handing everyone a speeding ticket. be careful and try not to attract too much attention. a caravan of subies will be enough to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

I Support ClubWRX

No worries. I wasn't trying to call ya slow...

Sometimes I still fall into the "double nickel speed limit" thought process, so I assume the same of others.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

no problem with doing 72-73...I usually average 80-85 on interstates, haha.

I'm not trying to get us all busted, especially through MD. I've already been nailed for a 90-55 (year and a half ago when I first bought my STI).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    By that route, it looks like if I'm comin' down, I'll be meeting you all up at the intersection between 70W and 81S. I'll just plan on leaving about an hour and a half after you do and then look for the line of Subies for the last leg of the tour.

I suppose the route looks good.. Its like 3 hrs from DE to VA, I'd like to be in the caravan, I live near 95, there is a reststop on I95, after the exit for RT-273 and prior to the exit b4 RT-896. I would definately meet the caravan there if you are all up for it,.

Anymore DE subies going to this meet? That would be a good meeting place for the rest of us. a proposed time? of being there @ 8:20am would be ideal to give some time for the stragglers. I'd imagine the PA/NJ folk would reach around 8:45 by the latest if they left on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer_X View Post
    I suppose the route looks good.. Its like 3 hrs from DE to VA, I'd like to be in the caravan, I live near 95, there is a reststop on I95, after the exit for RT-273 and prior to the exit b4 RT-896. I would definately meet the caravan there if you are all up for it,.

Anymore DE subies going to this meet? That would be a good meeting place for the rest of us. a proposed time? of being there @ 8:20am would be ideal to give some time for the stragglers. I'd imagine the PA/NJ folk would reach around 8:45 by the latest if they left on time.
    I think I know what one you are talking about. I actually wouldn't mind doing this caravan ride on a weekend to see the timing of it...

A meeting place would be a good idea because there have been other DE, MD folk that were interested in meeting as well...

We would just have to be careful about taking too much off of our travel time...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Well it seems like most of you guys are going down friday, I dont get done work till sat morning (yes i work third shift) Ill be done around 830, and couple packed and ready to by 9 . I live in the delaware county area. (aston) right near 95 If i can get off work sat night id more then happy to go down.

Its looking like my leadership of the Caravan has to be called off. For numerous reasons, I probably won't be able to make it to the meet, period, which I am truly disappointed in.

You guys are more than welcome to continue the idea of course and use routes, whatever.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll be glad to answer

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Its looking like my leadership of the Caravan has to be called off. For numerous reasons, I probably won't be able to make it to the meet, period, which I am truly disappointed in.

You guys are more than welcome to continue the idea of course and use routes, whatever.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll be glad to answer
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Anyone going down Saturday around 9am?

SPT, when do you plan on going down?

trunk

i have a wingless blue trunk that im willing to give for a sti or wrx spoiler and il fork over some cash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.