Philly Ikea Meets
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly Ikea Meets within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just got back from the Ikea meet... ALOT of cars down there... I was one of the first people there. ...

Philly Ikea Meets

Just got back from the Ikea meet... ALOT of cars down there... I was one of the first people there. Rolled in around 11, but by midnight, id say there were 70+ cars in the lot.. maybe even more. I was only 1 of maybe 5 subarus... and 3 were STI's and an older wrx. Everything went pretty smooth, with not TOO many d-bags.. just a few hondas buzzing around doing burnouts but they didnt stay long. No cops so that was a good thing.. All in all though, it was a good time! Cant wait till the next one! Hopefully more scoobies will come around!
    Last edited by 08SubieWrx; 04-05-2008 at 11:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When is the vext meet. I just got my 2008 STI and would like to go down there and show it off.

Some people are sayin once a month, so im not sure when the next one is gonna me... maybe 1st saturday of every month? I've also heard people go every saturday... really not too sure though, last night was the first one i've ever been to. Ill keep ya posted if I hear anything on any other forums about people being there next week, because if theyre gonna be there again im definately showin up again. I'd love to see an 08 STI there... it would probably draw a nice crowd too.

Boo, I wish I had a WRX.

Which Ikea is this? I live right around (okay maybe a mile) from the Columbus Blvd. Ikea.

Its the south philly Ikea right near the Walt Whitman bridge.

You gotta be kidding me. Now I really want a rex.

Just let me know I will be back for the first sat in May. I would love to bring it out.

Ryukotsusei You gotta be kidding me. Now I really want a rex.

You dont have to have a rex, there were all kinds of cars there... every make.. There were around 120 cars total though ( just a guess). It was insane though

Just let me know I will be back for the first sat in May. I would love to bring it out.

Ill keep everybody posted. The forum with the most info on the event is tristatetuners.com .. thats where I heard about it from. Apparently all the nissan tuners went to a "secret" spot where there was some drifting to be had..... I'm really dissappointed that I missed out on that. I used to have a 240sx and did a fair share of drifting. I really would have liked to see some of those guys out there.. especially the drift alliance...

Although this is not a weekly meet, a few of us met up again this past saturday and things got pretty insane. Lots of drifting at a location i'd rather not say on the net.... heres a few vids I took though.... Rx7 was a friend of a friend.... Hes fully sponsored and his FD is just SICK... I think hes pushing 480hp and running low boost...

Rx7 fd - YouTube - Philly

240 w/ stock KA - YouTube - 240 driftin

STI Awd Dounuts - YouTube - STI AWD dounuts

sponsored by who? As you can probably tell from my name, I am a former owner of multiple rx-7s.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    sponsored by who? As you can probably tell from my name, I am a former owner of multiple rx-7s.
    Not sure about ALL of his sponsors, but I know for sure that he is sponsored by dunlop. We were all joking about how expensive his tires were gonna cost cause he was playin in the lot all night, but then my friend was like "hes sponsored by dunlop he gets free tires" ... and then when he parked his car again i was lookin at all the stickers on the side and saw DUNLOP real big on the side. I know he has other sponsors but he has won stuff at hot import nights a few times in a row now..

heres 2 pics I have of the can since you cant see it up close in the vids......

Yo bud, I live right outside of Philly. Id love to come down to the next meet. Give me a date and time and address and I will be there.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Yo bud, I live right outside of Philly. Id love to come down to the next meet. Give me a date and time and address and I will be there.
    215LIDE Ikea Meet Pt.2 MAY 24,2008 - Page 10 - TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

Next meet is May 24th Saturday night at midnight... I know its late but after going to the last one, i'd definately say it was worth it. HUGE turnout, probably 140+ cars maybe even more... All I know is that it was alot bigger turnout than expected. This meet is at the Ikea in south philly, which is right near the walt whitman bridge.

ima try to go to that....i hope im not the only rex there
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    ima try to go to that....i hope im not the only rex there
    Ill definately be there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.