Too early for summer wheels / tires? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Too early for summer wheels / tires? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX I am also waiting ... for Dunlop to wave their magic wand. You are quite correct ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I am also waiting ... for Dunlop to wave their magic wand.

You are quite correct in your weather comments. April 1 is the latest I personally know of where we saw significant snow. Northern Chester got 8" in a freakish localized storm in 1997. I remember it well.
    I think that was the storm when this whole area got dumped on by a rogue Nor'easter. My area which is about 60 miles north of Chester, over here in Jersey...got 30+ in that storm. It was insane!

So how does Dunlop wave said "magic hand" ?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I think that was the storm when this whole area got dumped on by a rogue Nor'easter. My area which is about 60 miles north of Chester, over here in Jersey...got 30+ in that storm. It was insane!

So how does Dunlop wave said "magic hand" ?
    Nope, different storm. That was March 13, 1996. Many got 30" or thereabouts.

Whenever thet produce and deliver the Dierzza D1.

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Sweet chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Curse you and your Global Climate Changing tires! There is still a pleanty of snow yet to fall hear in Jutah

Cerial though it has been like 60+ for days now, and I'm itching for some new tires.
    Cerial?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Bill, you so smart!

That is a cool chart...I would never have thought to look that up
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Summer tires went on back in Feb. Had some snow since, almost regret it. But I think I'm good. If it snows, I just stay in and save gas. I live on base, so work is a 45 min walk if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4valvemach View Post
    its a truck it can't be that fast

Put my summer wheels on today. Found a tiny little nail in one tire and had that repaired first. Eagle F1s handle so much better than snow tires!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Bill, you so smart!

That is a cool chart...I would never have thought to look that up
    I am a weather geek!

I found an image (enhanced visible snow ground cover) I had in an old graphic file folder from May '97 of the April storm I was talking about. I cropped and reduced the size for the upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SNOW331.jpg  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 03-25-2008 at 02:51 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexbro View Post
    Put my summer wheels on today. Found a tiny little nail in one tire and had that repaired first. Eagle F1s handle so much better than snow tires!
    I had the F1s for a while - great street tires.
    Mods & Pics

It's been a week and this crappy weather is still with us. Come on 60+ degrees and sun!

I want the OZ/Nittos back on too!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    It's been a week and this crappy weather is still with us. Come on 60+ degrees and sun!

I want the OZ/Nittos back on too!
    I put my summers back on last night. It was warm enough and finally not raining, so i did the swap... and realized mid process its probably time for some new tires and an alignment. Drives much nicer, but something just didnt feel right in my little mile long test drive.

I've been contemplating the switch but it's still below freezing every morning. The winter tires grip better in the cold, not just in the snow, so they'll stay on for a couple more weeks. I'll be driving to my new home in Denver in a few weeks so the summer tires will definitely go on before then!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12