car inspection help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on car inspection help within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; does anyone know of a place in nj that will def pass a car threw inspection.. my car will not ...

car inspection help

does anyone know of a place in nj that will def pass a car threw inspection.. my car will not pass regular inspection.. i need someone to get me passed if anyone knows a place please let me know im 2 months over

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04 View Post
    does anyone know of a place in nj that will def pass a car threw inspection.. my car will not pass regular inspection.. i need someone to get me passed if anyone knows a place please let me know im 2 months over

first tell us why your car wont pass? my best advice to you would find a rough looking garage that dose inspections and pay the money. i say rough because some nice top dollar shop is not going to pass an illeagal car. But the Rough crappy looking garages might just be in it for the money...

I Support ClubWRX
    A business runs the risk of losing their license to inspect cars if they get caught passing an illegal vehicle. That's how I got a stock DP out of the dealership I bought my car from - I showed them my Dep't of Environmental Conservation badge, and gave them an ultimatum: give me a stock downpipe, or I'll have their license revoked.

Do whatever it takes to make your car legal - don't ask someone else to break the law as well. After you legally pass inspection, if you want to go back to being illegal, go for it, but don't bring someone else down with you.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    A business runs the risk of losing their license to inspect cars if they get caught passing an illegal vehicle. That's how I got a stock DP out of the dealership I bought my car from - I showed them my Dep't of Environmental Conservation badge, and gave them an ultimatum: give me a stock downpipe, or I'll have their license revoked.

Do whatever it takes to make your car legal - don't ask someone else to break the law as well. After you legally pass inspection, if you want to go back to being illegal, go for it, but don't bring someone else down with you.

lol at the idea that cats help the environment and IBTL if it goes political...

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    That's how I got a stock DP out of the dealership I bought my car from - I showed them my Dep't of Environmental Conservation badge, and gave them an ultimatum: give me a stock downpipe, or I'll have their license revoked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cartman+Motivator.jpg  
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

well the check engine light is on cuz of no cats... and my car is tuned as well so it runs really rich so no matter what even with a cat it still wont pass cuz of the fuel..

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    lol at the idea that cats help the environment and IBTL if it goes political...
    How do you figure that a catalytic converter doesn't help?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    How do you figure that a catalytic converter doesn't help?
    it requires a lot of energy to manufacture, cuts the life of an engine in half, etc.

well the check engine light is on cuz of no cats... and my car is tuned as well so it runs really rich so no matter what even with a cat it still wont pass cuz of the fuel..
    If your car was tuned properly, you wouldn't have CELs.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04
    If your car was tuned properly, you wouldn't have CELs.
    +1

You can disable the CEL with an AP, or with a tactrix/laptop - what were you tuned with?

UNYSOC

the code im throwing is a 1088 tgv code. it was shut off for the tune but when i blew the turbo my batt died for a month and i lost everything that was set so now i gotta take it back and retune it but with no cats it still wont [pass

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04
    the code im throwing is a 1088 tgv code. it was shut off for the tune but when i blew the turbo my batt died for a month and i lost everything that was set so now i gotta take it back and retune it but with no cats it still wont [pass
    Look into getting a catted exhaust (so you'll pass the visual), or go back to stock a few days before you go into your inspection, and then put your exhaust back on.

UNYSOC

that still wont get rid of the tgv code

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04
    that still wont get rid of the tgv code
    Find someone local with a tactrix cable, and have them help you disable the CEL - otherwise, buy one for <$100 and do it yourself.

UNYSOC

my batt died for a month and i lost everything that was set
    It sounds like your tuner set your tuned map as a realtime map. He should've set it as a base map so you didn't lose it when your battery died.
    Do what idipskoalmint suggested. That should help you out 100%. Good luck!
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.