Catastrophic Failure: Philly

This is a discussion on Catastrophic Failure: Philly within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I started this thread in hopes of getting some suggestions from the philly area locals on what to do in ...

Catastrophic Failure: Philly

I started this thread in hopes of getting some suggestions from the philly area locals on what to do in the case of a catastrophic failure, either with the engine or drivetrain. A problem that Could occur in the future unexpectedly and a problem that I won't be able to fix on my own. That is, where should I take my car/have it toed in the event that that happens?

Can you give me some trusted sources where I won't get the run-around and where I won't get hosed w/big over inflated bills? Mechanic's names, ect ect that could help.

I guess this could apply to smaller, hard to troubleshoot issues (like my clunking front hub assembly ....) as well.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AgentH View Post
    I started this thread in hopes of getting some suggestions from the philly area locals on what to do in the case of a catastrophic failure, either with the engine or drivetrain. A problem that Could occur in the future unexpectedly and a problem that I won't be able to fix on my own. That is, where should I take my car/have it toed in the event that that happens?

Can you give me some trusted sources where I won't get the run-around and where I won't get hosed w/big over inflated bills? Mechanic's names, ect ect that could help.

I guess this could apply to smaller, hard to troubleshoot issues (like my clunking front hub assembly ....) as well.

You mean other than towing to a dealership?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I would hope you guys have a better place then the dealership, I sure am lucky my cousin is a top notch mechanic. I only had to pay him 250 to help me do my clutch and brakes not that he really helped me much with the brakes.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

See, I don't know how much more $ a dealership would cost. But at least you know they're trained on Subaru's and have all the right documentation. It would be nice to hear some rants or raves about some mechanics/dealers. Even if they suck, at least I"ll know Not to go there.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

Banned
    I live in Bucks County and I like Creighton's Auto in Newtown and Fred Beans Subaru in Doylestown

im always out to help anyone.... heres some of the cars ive done i dont have any of the suby projects ive done up there not even my own but you can still get the point of what I do WWW.Wtuner.com