NJ Route 4 Racing!

This is a discussion on NJ Route 4 Racing! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey Guys imma newbie to the forums but ive been reading and learning from u guys for many months now! ...

NJ Route 4 Racing!

Hey Guys imma newbie to the forums but ive been reading and learning from u guys for many months now! I have a 05 STi with a catback and intake but nothing more...recently i was travelling on Route 4 heading towards NYC when a Mazda RX8 tried to race me. I first thought he has gotta be joking with me but this car was ****ing insane. It looked like he had a exhaust system on it but he raped me through traffic and i didnt stand a chance. Do these mazda rx8's actually have enuf to hold out against us in traffic??? i thought my drivin sucked but a buddy of mine who is experienced racer and owns a 06 Evo also encountered this same 'rogue' RX8 on the same route and got handed to him. He followed the Rx8 to some street but it turned off somewhere. Anyone else from this area know of this car and what the hell it has???? pls shed some light as im mad interested and confused at the same time. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by DonSTi; 03-05-2008 at 02:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hello and welcome to the club, thanks for the info about the illegal rx8 and the illegal street racers on route4 ill make sure and pass it onto the right department
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    hello and welcome to the club, thanks for the info about the illegal rx8 and the illegal street racers on route4 ill make sure and pass it onto the right department
    Aite bro! and thanks for the welcome!

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois

Rx8...

The RX8 must have turbo kit. Thats about the only mod I see taking on a wrx. The rx8 has to reach fairly high rpm to hit its power band.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate sitting in three hour traffic on route 4 when one of you idiots stuffs your car into the guardrail. Be a man and take it down to Englishtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I hate sitting in three hour traffic on route 4 when one of you idiots stuffs your car into the guardrail. Be a man and take it down to Englishtown.
    +10000

there are people who are always ready to mess with me in traffic (because thats all there is here in NY/NJ...traffic) i ignore them and let them drive like idiots. i value life and have seen what car accidents can do.

if you can afford the insurance and the car you are driving..you can afford some track time.

the rx-8 has no torque,high strung, and don't respond well to mods. the only way to get power out of them is FI.

they look very purdy though.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post

u think so
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome to the forum. If you enjoy street racing your STi on rt 4 and in general then I suspect you and/or your car aren't going to be with us for long. If you're going to drive, learn to do it responsibly before you hurt yourself and/or somebody else. How would you like to go to jail for the next 20 years because you killed somebody while street racing? Or paying a huge settlement because you hurt somebody and being poor your entire life because of it? That's what will happen if you continue doing this. The legal system doesn't take kindly to people acting stupid and hurting or killing other people. /lecture

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I don't know if it's the color or what.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by DonSTi View Post
    Hey Guys imma newbie to the forums but ive been reading and learning from u guys for many months now! I have a 05 STi with a catback and intake but nothing more...recently i was travelling on Route 4 heading towards NYC when a Mazda RX8 tried to race me. I first thought he has gotta be joking with me but this car was ****ing insane. It looked like he had a exhaust system on it but he raped me through traffic and i didnt stand a chance. Do these mazda rx8's actually have enuf to hold out against us in traffic??? i thought my drivin sucked but a buddy of mine who is experienced racer and owns a 06 Evo also encountered this same 'rogue' RX8 on the same route and got handed to him. He followed the Rx8 to some street but it turned off somewhere. Anyone else from this area know of this car and what the hell it has???? pls shed some light as im mad interested and confused at the same time. Thanks guys!
    rx8 is kaka! it must have been upgraded with a turbo kit
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves:

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    u think so
    i think the rx8 is a great looking car. i feel you don't share the same openion?

2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011