Super lurker needs an ecu flash

This is a discussion on Super lurker needs an ecu flash within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i installed an intake onto my car..which of course led to a CEL! i never flashed my ecu cause well....i ...

Super lurker needs an ecu flash

i installed an intake onto my car..which of course led to a CEL! i never flashed my ecu cause well....i dont have the tools? umm im willing to buy whoever helps me some lunch and some cash if they'd like. im over in Queens NY

thx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
    i installed an intake onto my car..which of course led to a CEL! i never flashed my ecu cause well....i dont have the tools? umm im willing to buy whoever helps me some lunch and some cash if they'd like. im over in Queens NY

thx in advance
    do you have an exhaust

what kind of Intake?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    do you have an exhaust

what kind of Intake?
    no exhaust... i promised i wouldn't start seriously modding this car... i had a DSM (2 to be exact) and i went pretty damn deep into mods until i burned it down (literally)

the intake is one of the no names off of ebay...its a short ram, not a cold air; ive heard cold airs do all kinds of bad to our cars

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
    no exhaust... i promised i wouldn't start seriously modding this car... i had a DSM (2 to be exact) and i went pretty damn deep into mods until i burned it down (literally)

the intake is one of the no names off of ebay...its a short ram, not a cold air; ive heard cold airs do all kinds of bad to our cars
    Take the intake off - you shouldn't need a reflash for an intake. The intakes which are known to not cause issue:

K&N Typhoon SRI
    SPT SRI
    Cobb SRI
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Take the intake off
    +1

Intakes are one of the things I would not go the cheapo-ebay route on.