MOVING to PA!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MOVING to PA!!! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX Hey congrats! ODBII wise you should be OK. If you are running a real time map, ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hey congrats!

ODBII wise you should be OK. If you are running a real time map, AP reset the ECU a few days prior to the test. Visually? I think it depends on where you take it. One of the guys from the Victory meets has assured me he can get it to pass - I will try to get the name ...

You have a PM.
    PM received...I'm actually not running a real time. I have it fully swapped. Should I be ok then? I might be able to pass visual with the Resonator looking like a cat...
    I'll have to give Zach a call. Been awhile since I've seen him even though we used to chill a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Good luck with the move!
    Thanks buddy! I'll need it...UHaul FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    No cel = pass. I gotta guy.

Sniffers? We don't need no stinking sniffers!

Welcome to the Keystone State. You buying up there or payin' the man?
    No sniffers is good. Hook a brotha up!!!

Renting from the man...I wasn't saving any money at home, so may as well not save any money out of the house

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    you'd only be about 3.5-4hrs from me! lol
    That isn't bad at all!!! Thats like a day trip

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Thanks for letting me know when you were down at Agile.
    You never picked up the phone! Kidding...I was a douche. Sorry

...and that was 6 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by r3x View Post
    i'm looking to get to PA from NJ also but dont know any good towns... i would say keep your jersey plates and use ur parents address but jersey insurance is sooooo high.
    Jersey insurance is the highest...but my area isn't bad at all. I do think PA will be even better though, so I will take advantage of it if possible after I get some quotes. I am gonna keep the parent's address for awhile. At least until this registration is up. Why waste money?

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Why would he want to keep his plates? There are plenty of us running catless in PA with no issues. We don't have sniffers and we don't have a communist inspection system.
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    I hate parking in that town. God even with awd you still cant get up those hills in the winter.
    Manayunk is horrible...the hills do kick everyone's ass. But I am more or less in Roxborough in an apartment complex...so its got good parking lots with large spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Congrats Mike. But yeah, like the guy said above the hills suck in the snow. I slid through an intersection once over there in the snow. You'll definitely need some snow tires if you're moving before winter is over.

As for insurance, I would keep your Jersey plates. Being so close to Philadelphia could raise your rates. You pay practically nothing for Jersey insurance b/c of your county. I pay A LOT more than you and I'm older, clean record and have a WRX not STI!!!
    Thanks Steve...I'll still be local to the area and closer to Atco, haha. I've seen so many accidents over there though with moron drivers and parking, even without snow. I know the area well cause of friends that have lived out there. I have had snow tires for this whole season...yet no snow At least I am ready, unlike last year when I was on the RE070s through the winter
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    PM received...I'm actually not running a real time. I have it fully swapped. Should I be ok then? I might be able to pass visual with the Resonator looking like a cat...
    I'll have to give Zach a call. Been awhile since I've seen him even though we used to chill a bit...
    Damn ... quite the multi quote ...

Me thinks you will be OK. I get the test next week - I have a cat.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Damn ... quite the multi quote ...

I enjoy multiquotes. I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

Let me know how that goes. Moving to a new place means I certainly won't have enough money to buy a new catted DP...especially with Spring around the corner, I gotta save money for new summer tires
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I enjoy multiquotes. I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

Let me know how that goes. Moving to a new place means I certainly won't have enough money to buy a new catted DP...especially with Spring around the corner, I gotta save money for new summer tires
    The only time I have had an issue was with a real time map loaded. The old sensors not in a ready state error. An Accessport ECU reset, ~20 miles of driving and all was good. I probably did not need 20.

I always tell the shop I have an aftermarket cat before getting the test. There was one year I used a garage near where I work. After telling the tech he balked at the idea of testing with a non-OEM cat. I brought up Cobb's website on their PC and showed him what was installed. He said he would have to make a few calls before testing. I left him to make the calls. He called later saying the car was ready for pick up. I never bothered to ask him about the calls.

I have not been back to that shop since.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

yeah, I'm going to moving from Delaware to PA (Reading Area) - probably the end of summer - but my girl is from PA & her dad has somebody that will just pass u for some $$$$ - I'm not sure how much - but I have a Mustang (yes - I know) - but I've had it since high school - but its a full race car - T76 turbo about 900 horse - he said he could get that tag'd 4 me - cuz I couldn't get it thru DE inspection (thatwas justthe supecharger) - but I have 2 get it back together 1st plus I want 2 some upgrades on my WRX - so if worst comes 2 worst - I should be able 2 getu thru

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Hey Mike, you moving in with a roommate on by yourself?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Trying to sneak your way in?
    Mods & Pics

hey i live in manayunk. which car is yours? mines the blue 05 with the tints and bronze rims.

your inspection, you can take it to rising sun auto body(6142 Rising Sun Ave, Philadelphia). he'll pass you with no CEL. just got mine done there. he has a black sti, very nice mods.

yes the hills do suck, but i just got some blizzaks on my stocks, should be good.
    stage2. cobb ap2, spt cbe, invidia dp, perrin up

Quote Originally Posted by crazycracker View Post
    yeah, I'm going to moving from Delaware to PA (Reading Area) - probably the end of summer - but my girl is from PA & her dad has somebody that will just pass u for some $$$$ - I'm not sure how much - but I have a Mustang (yes - I know) - but I've had it since high school - but its a full race car - T76 turbo about 900 horse - he said he could get that tag'd 4 me - cuz I couldn't get it thru DE inspection (thatwas justthe supecharger) - but I have 2 get it back together 1st plus I want 2 some upgrades on my WRX - so if worst comes 2 worst - I should be able 2 getu thru
    I'll keep that in mind. Sounds good...I'm gonna give it a couple months first before I think about switching up plates and stuff. I just renewed the Registration in November...so I don't wanna pay more until I have to

yo Steve...my buddy from college who I played soccer with called me up and asked me about places. I decided to go in with him...so we got an apartment up on Henry Ave in Roxborough now...place is sweeeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmantedge View Post
    hey i live in manayunk. which car is yours? mines the blue 05 with the tints and bronze rims.

your inspection, you can take it to rising sun auto body(6142 Rising Sun Ave, Philadelphia). he'll pass you with no CEL. just got mine done there. he has a black sti, very nice mods.

yes the hills do suck, but i just got some blizzaks on my stocks, should be good.
    I'll definitely keep that one in mind as well...I definitely have NO CELs, so thats cool.

I have an Urban Grey Metallic STI Limited. I haven't had the car around much other than on a weekend or two when I'd stay at my buddy's place. But I am getting her for good now, after having the 'rents' minivan for the past 5 days, for moving in. I've never had problems with her on the hills, other than the short first gear and rolling backwards

I have Michelin Alpin snow tires and they are phenomenal!

Yo Mike, Atco is opening March 1st. Be there or be square.

Trying to sneak your way in?
    Haha, I just saw that. Nah, I'm content at my place in NJ. I'm far enough from work as it is.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Yo Mike, Atco is opening March 1st. Be there or be square.
    Say word!!!!

Probably won't be able to make it that day though...

There's a meet that day over here in PA that I'm planning on attending with some buddies on March 1st...the Touchy Feely Meat in the Tristate Thread. Check it out and think about coming

Say word!!!!

Probably won't be able to make it that day though...

There's a meet that day over here in PA that I'm planning on attending with some buddies on March 1st...the Touchy Feely Meat in the Tristate Thread. Check it out and think about coming
    Yeah, I saw that thread yesterday. I might be down pending the weather; I despise the cold.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Welcome to the 'Yunk/Roxborough! Which complex are you living in? Im guessing my ure other post that ure right by the acme/Kohls.. hopefully its woodmere and not summit park, they suck. I have a condo over on osborn, about 2 miles or so down henry from you.

The hills do stuck but with my blizaks i have no problems unless its icy (like the other night) and even then when i slid i knew it was gonna happen, and i caused it to happen. Dont be suprised if u need to replace your clutch fairly regularly.. the way people drive around here you end up having to slip the clutch more you should.

I've got one many psm buyeyes running around the area.
    Last edited by JaredRS; 02-14-2008 at 08:59 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Test today - no problem at all.
    Mods & Pics

Yeah, I saw that thread yesterday. I might be down pending the weather; I despise the cold.
    Agreed...but we are some good people. Totally worth it

Quote Originally Posted by JaredRS View Post
    Welcome to the 'Yunk/Roxborough! Which complex are you living in? Im guessing my ure other post that ure right by the acme/Kohls.. hopefully its woodmere and not summit park, they suck. I have a condo over on osborn, about 2 miles or so down henry from you.

The hills do stuck but with my blizaks i have no problems unless its icy (like the other night) and even then when i slid i knew it was gonna happen, and i caused it to happen. Dont be suprised if u need to replace your clutch fairly regularly.. the way people drive around here you end up having to slip the clutch more you should.

I've got one many psm buyeyes running around the area.
    Thanks for the Welcome! Haha...it does happen to be Summit Park. I happen to love it too. Why do you say they suck? Woodmere seemed nice, but Summit Park is just a bit nicer. Parking kinda blows though. Reminds me of parking in college all over again.

But I definitely am liking it already. The clubhouse is awesome!

Test today - no problem at all.
    Good to hear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast