Rochester, NY - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rochester, NY within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by kubuli-wrx love the car man. What have you done suspension-wize? Thanks. Just Tein H Tech springs & ...

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuli-wrx View Post
    love the car man. What have you done suspension-wize?
    Thanks. Just Tein H Tech springs & F/R upper strut bars. That's it. I do plan on getting bigger F/R sway bars & endlinks though. In due time.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Love the setup. How much work was it doing the swap?

i got kyb agx adj struts
    prodrive springs
    cobb AP
    Hawk HPS (HP+ for the glen this weekend)

for my next mod thinking, swaybars and endlinks.
    but after suspention thinking about powermods
    TBE
    Up Pipe

what do you think?

then when i got more income ... turbo, injectors, fuel pump, etc...

If anybody is interested a couple buddies of mine are going to grab some food then hang out on the pier in Canandaigua tonight around 8.
    07 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #220

Love the setup. How much work was it doing the swap?
    for my next mod thinking, swaybars and endlinks.
    but after suspention thinking about powermods
    TBE
    Up Pipe
    what do you think?
    Thanks. The swap wasn't too bad at all. I worked on it for a couple hours every few days & it was done in a week. I could easily do it in a day if I had to. I was also doing my side skirts, mud flaps, & other things. It's a piece of cake. I'm looking into doing swaybars & endlinks too as my next mod. I'm sure you'll be happy with getting an UP & TBE & go stage 2. It's a whole new monster then. Where you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madoc05 View Post
    If anybody is interested a couple buddies of mine are going to grab some food then hang out on the pier in Canandaigua tonight around 8.
    Weather permitting, i'll be out. I'll text you if i'm coming. Riedels is right near Taco Bell right?
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Thanks. The swap wasn't too bad at all. I worked on it for a couple hours every few days & it was done in a week. I could easily do it in a day if I had to. I was also doing my side skirts, mud flaps, & other things. It's a piece of cake. I'm looking into doing swaybars & endlinks too as my next mod. I'm sure you'll be happy with getting an UP & TBE & go stage 2. It's a whole new monster then. Where you from?
    I'm debating on doing the stage 2 before the swaybars/endlinks, just saw a deal on a DP on ebay if its still around after this weekend I might do it. Would be nice to have a lil more umf on the pedal. I live in Rochester, right around lake ave/104 but work in webster. we should meet up. maybe for the log cabin wednesday car met/show if the weather is nice or somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoc05 View Post
    Wish i could, but will be hopefully check-in into a crappy motel around the glen for the weekend. But would be nice to see some fellow scooby enthusiasts out.

I'm debating on doing the stage 2 before the swaybars/endlinks, just saw a deal on a DP on ebay if its still around after this weekend I might do it. Would be nice to have a lil more umf on the pedal. I live in Rochester, right around lake ave/104 but work in webster. we should meet up. maybe for the log cabin wednesday car met/show if the weather is nice or somewhere else.
    It's a toss up between stage 2 & SBs. Power vs handling. That's your call. Both are great additions though. I might have a DP for sale. I have to check with the potential buyer first. I live in Fairport. I actually drove out to Charlotte on sunday evening. I guess there's an informal car show out there then. There wasn't too much going on when I went, but it seems like it would mostly be ricers bouncing off the rev limiter in the parking lot. Who knows, I might check it out again. The Log Cabin is a good time. I'm going this week, weather permitting. Here's a link for area shows. Scroll down to Rochester area. There's one or more every night of the week!
    Cruise - Upstate NY/Northeast PA Car Show Listings
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Been a min...

SO what's going on. Been a min since I posted on here. Whats going on with my fellow roc city natives?

Hey! I almost forgot about this thread. Not too much going on. It looks like fall is upon us,.. a little too soon IMO. I spun a bearing in my car & am about to put an STi motor in.

Did you end up going stage 2 or upgrading your SBs?
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Can u say deja vu. Also spun a bearing at the track found replacement wrx enging with 20K on it and droped it in... man its been a long summer..... right now its compeltly stock engine-wize havent even put back on the cobb AP. guess u can call it shock. but will be paying off the car in full next month. so maybe after this winter ill beef it up again, since ill have no car payment for a few months.

U gonna up the tranny to 6 spd too?
    Last edited by kubuli-wrx; 09-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear. I'm not doing anything to the tranny. I don't beat on her, so it shouldn't be a problem. If anything does happen, I'll probably get the STi RA gear set. I'd rather spend $1600, rather than $6K. I should be pulling the motor in a few weeks.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Yea it suked for a while Had to drive my friends "mommy mobile" minivan till i did the swap. You know how the ladies love minivans hahahahahaha. But all a learning experience. Lesson #1: NEVER SERIOUSLY TRACK YOUR DAILY DRIVER hahahahaha You live.. you learn then u get luvs hahahahaha. At least I can laugh about it now. SO what you driving now?

Yeah, I will definately not be taking my car to the drag strip after the swap. I already had a 95 Legacy that I drive most of the time. She's got 204K on her & doesn't complain at all.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Yea i feel you on that. I am calming down on the whole car as a toy mantra... Although looking into the possibility of getting a 91 Lexus SC400 from my uncle in TX for a summer toy. Meaning no rust and in great condition. No mechanical or electrical probs and he reupholstered and replaced almost everything inside. Best part is he only wants 3K for it because he just got a SC430. So seriously thinking of doing that for next spring when I have no car payment.

So have u been to the log cabin or any other meets this summmer? I think I have missed all lol

Good luck on getting the Lexus. I've been to the Log Cabin maybe 3 or 4 times since I completed my turbo swap in April. It's the same scene. I went last week & there were too many ricers bouncing off the rev limiter. I hate that ish!
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

ahhh the rochester ricers... hahhaha yea cant say i have an appreciation for a loud fart can, cut springs, half unpaited body kit on steelies..... not my thing

I used to take pics of ricers and post um on nasoic maybe i should start posting um here for comic releif.

Ive only been to the cabin once and the time i did go they had a twin turbo older gen firebird..... Awsome... in fact ill post a pic of it. Thats the main reason i wanna go to see the interesting mods.. and meet up with other subies. Might have to go again before summer is gone. if you get ur swap done and wanna go let me know