parking lots for stunt driving?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on parking lots for stunt driving? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Does anybody in the philadelphia area own or know anyone that owns a lot that I could practice some stunt ...

parking lots for stunt driving?

Does anybody in the philadelphia area own or know anyone that owns a lot that I could practice some stunt driving in?

I've been looking hardcore, but I need full permissions from the lot owner, otherwise I can be arrested...

I only really need the lot one day a week. I'm also willing to teach someone in return for allowing use of the lot. I can teach you to do some 90 box parks, and reverse 180s (the right way!), etc..

Thanks for the help!

Tyler

ALSO!: Anybody selling any cones? haha
    TIP YOUR DELIVERY DRIVER!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    obviously if you dont already have a set area, such as a track, to practice on, you have no need to practice something like that. Not only do you need a special car for something like that, which you dont have, but when would you have any need to use that?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Rexzor View Post
    obviously if you dont already have a set area, such as a track, to practice on, you have no need to practice something like that. Not only do you need a special car for something like that, which you dont have, but when would you have any need to use that?
    wow...

thats the most ignorant reply i've ever read.

This post was in good faith, which I have in most of the clubwrx community. I'm not sure how your reply was supposed to help me at all, since you seem to know absolutely nothing about what I'm doing. You obviously have no knowledge of stunt driving or it's applications.

I have attended stunt driving school, and am currently pursuing a career as a precision/stunt driver for film and television. To do that, one must practice and develop the skills learned at stunt school.

I dont know what kind of "special car" you think someone would need for stunt driving, but such a car doesn't exist (outside of the Universal stunt show in florida.)

Dont assume you know anything about me, or when I would or would not need to practice anything.

Now, anybody have anything useful to offer?

DUB
    When you find your parking lot and get your stunt drive on, make sure you show us some vids.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is your only safe legal choice: http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/index.html

Lots of fun - several members run with the Philly region including me. Keep an eye on the schedule as dates are starting to be posted. Many will be in Warminster on an old airstrip. Big enough for you?

Here are some pics from last year at Warminster: http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%205-6-07/

This is what it looks like when you go into a turn too hot and pick a bad line around the cone as well:

Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-16-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I imagine it will be kind of difficult to find the owner of a large lot, since usually big parking lots are for big stores or malls where you can't easily find the owner.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I was just hoping I could find a wrx owner who owned a lot that I could use, haha. Its a long shot, but who knows.

I dont really need too much space to practice, we learned on a private airstrip which was only about the size of a 300+ car lot. I thought about the scca events, but its really something i need to do about once a week or so.

I Support ClubWRX
    The SCCA Philly Region is having a hard time finding enough lots to run on. This is a legitimate insured organization. The chance of you finding a good lot are all but zero.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick View Post
    wow...

thats the most ignorant reply i've ever read.

This post was in good faith, which I have in most of the clubwrx community. I'm not sure how your reply was supposed to help me at all, since you seem to know absolutely nothing about what I'm doing. You obviously have no knowledge of stunt driving or it's applications.

I have attended stunt driving school, and am currently pursuing a career as a precision/stunt driver for film and television. To do that, one must practice and develop the skills learned at stunt school.

I dont know what kind of "special car" you think someone would need for stunt driving, but such a car doesn't exist (outside of the Universal stunt show in florida.)

Dont assume you know anything about me, or when I would or would not need to practice anything.

Now, anybody have anything useful to offer?
    first of all, that was not ignorant at all. just because you attended stunt driving school does not mean that you can go into a regular parking lot and practice extremly dangerous stunt driving, therefor endangering you and those around you. If you were pursuing a career as a stunt driver, then you should have a safe set location to practice on, a location where you are not endangering civilians. I attended racing school, but you dont see me going around the streets racing people. thats what the track is for.

as for the "special car" that was to point out the fact that subarus are not really meant for stunt driving. this is because of the fact that they are AWD and that it can seriously mess up the differential and the transmission if you put to much stress on it. This is a rally car, not a drift car. Even the evos in Fast and the Furious were made into rear wheel drive cars, because they would have broke down if they had tried those stunts in awd.

first of all, that was not ignorant at all. just because you attended stunt driving school does not mean that you can go into a regular parking lot and practice extremly dangerous stunt driving, therefor endangering you and those around you. If you were pursuing a career as a stunt driver, then you should have a safe set location to practice on, a location where you are not endangering civilians. I attended racing school, but you dont see me going around the streets racing people. thats what the track is for.

as for the "special car" that was to point out the fact that subarus are not really meant for stunt driving. this is because of the fact that they are AWD and that it can seriously mess up the differential and the transmission if you put to much stress on it. This is a rally car, not a drift car. Even the evos in Fast and the Furious were made into rear wheel drive cars, because they would have broke down if they had tried those stunts in awd.
    Man, you are getting hostile about this. The OP is trying to do the honorable and safe thing by getting permission from someone who owns a large bit of paved land so that he can go out and practice. If he ruins his car, that is his problem, and he has noone else to blame but himself. I have personally tried my hand at ebrake 180 degree turns in my previous car in an abandoned shoe factory parking lot....right on the side of the highway...not smart (in hindsight), but noone was there.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Banned
    i wasnt really getting hostile, i was more just defending myself. lol. my first post was more of just a strong suggestion as to the fact that he should not be dooing this in public, but my second post was defending myself when he called me out but in all honasty, this is not something to be dooing in public. sure the occasional ebrake is fine, but you are dooing actual stunts, there is so much that could go wrong. thats just my opinion though.

Again, wow...

You keep making assumptions that arent true. Just because I post here, does that mean that I ONLY own a subaru?

The stunts that I am practicing have no chance of hurting "others around me", as they are performed in a CLOSED LOT. Which is what I was searching for if you would refer to my original post. Also, if you arent familiar with the concept of a "closed lot", it is not open to the public, hence, no danger to them.

I am obviously trying to take the safe and legal route.

BTW, the "occasional e-brake" is what causes serious accidents.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick View Post
    Again, wow...

You keep making assumptions that arent true. Just because I post here, does that mean that I ONLY own a subaru?

The stunts that I am practicing have no chance of hurting "others around me", as they are performed in a CLOSED LOT. Which is what I was searching for if you would refer to my original post. Also, if you arent familiar with the concept of a "closed lot", it is not open to the public, hence, no danger to them.

I am obviously trying to take the safe and legal route.

BTW, the "occasional e-brake" is what causes serious accidents.
    a "closed lot" could still be in the area of a major highway or public area. just because its closed does not mean that it is safe. also, like i said before, if you truly were a prof driver, you would already have a location to do things like this. and plus man, there is no reason to get so upset. i was simply looking out for the safety of you and your car. i mean, most of us has made a stupid post and been burned for it, and its not like i meant it in an angry pissed off way, i was just letting you know that i did not think that it was the best idea.

a "closed lot" could still be in the area of a major highway or public area. just because its closed does not mean that it is safe. also, like i said before, if you truly were a prof driver, you would already have a location to do things like this. and plus man, there is no reason to get so upset. i was simply looking out for the safety of you and your car. i mean, most of us has made a stupid post and been burned for it, and its not like i meant it in an angry pissed off way, i was just letting you know that i did not think that it was the best idea.
    I never said that I was a professional driver. I'm trying to become a professional.

My teacher told me to look for lots. Almost verbatim to what I posted. When I get a lot, you should come out one day and check out what i'm doing. The movies make it look really dangerous, dont be fooled. Stunt driving is actually a lot safer that track racing.

There is literally no chance of public danger as long as I can find a closed lot.

Banned
    lol i wasnt assuming when i said you were a driver though, lol cause thats what it says in your profile. but yeah, if i am ever in the area i will check it out. what driving school did you go to. i went to skip barber racing school, and i want to do a rally school next

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.