Subaru snow driving tips for n00bs and everyone! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru snow driving tips for n00bs and everyone! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by low430 http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02018661377045 http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02018661377045 http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02018661377045 http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02018661377045 Not Found error 404...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    @low430 - just out of curiosity, why do you post the same link 3-4X in the same post? lol
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post

OH and if you have all seasons, stay off the road!!!

---thank you to 'munkis' on nasioc
    Whats wrong with all-seasons, mine seems to work great.

ur amazingz!

Quote Originally Posted by blinker5 View Post
    Whats wrong with all-seasons, mine seems to work great.
    So I see you've never owned a dedicated set of snows eh?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    So I see you've never owned a dedicated set of snows eh?
    Nope.

All-seasons for winters and summer-onlys for summers

But we don't live in New England or upstate NY, either...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

This will come in handy when I travel north!

Thanks!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    @low430 - just out of curiosity, why do you post the same link 3-4X in the same post? lol
    bad habit sorry

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by low430 View Post
    bad habit sorry
    Where do you learn a habit like that?

I need Snow tires my yokohama all seasons are trash in the snow. Would I be able to get A winter wheels and tires set for 800-900, that would work well?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Where do you learn a habit like that?

I need Snow tires my yokohama all seasons are trash in the snow. Would I be able to get A winter wheels and tires set for 800-900, that would work well?
    TireRack.com has Bridgestone Blizzak Revo 1 snow tires which are a great tire on closeout for like $80 each... get a set of rims for them from as well and they will mount and balance them and ship them to you. Should be pretty close to ure price range.

I got those tires and a set of decent looking rims last year for like $850. They were fantastic in the snowy/icy mix we usually get here in philly. Just do it quick cause they will sell out of those REVO1's pretty soon im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredRS View Post
    TireRack.com has Bridgestone Blizzak Revo 1 snow tires which are a great tire on closeout for like $80 each... get a set of rims for them from as well and they will mount and balance them and ship them to you. Should be pretty close to ure price range.

I got those tires and a set of decent looking rims last year for like $850. They were fantastic in the snowy/icy mix we usually get here in philly. Just do it quick cause they will sell out of those REVO1's pretty soon im sure.
    I will do it this weekend, are those tires ok in the dry? i dont want a tire that is going to greatly impact my dry driving id rather have cheap black steel rims and better snow tires i think. am i wrong here?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    I will do it this weekend, are those tires ok in the dry? i dont want a tire that is going to greatly impact my dry driving id rather have cheap black steel rims and better snow tires i think. am i wrong here?
    They are not a performance tire they are a snow tire... so its gonna impact your driving in the dry. I can feel a definate difference between my summer tires and my winter. Its not gonna handle as well as a low profile stiff summer or even an all season, and doesnt stop quite as well. You're gonna get that with any snow tire. They are designed for snow. Tire rack has a great and informative rating system for the tires on the site, so u can look around and judge for yourself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredRS View Post

They're $120/tire for me.

I have Blizzak WS-60s that I got for ~$1000 with 4 ASA wheels. I prefer them to the Revo 1 (which I had on my last car) simply because of the tread design seems to better fit the demand where I live - Revo 1 are better in dryer conditions and ride comfort, but for me, the WS-60s are a better tire. They're a really good tire. My family has been using Blizzak tires for many years, and they've never let us down.
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-15-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought you were supposed to just keep the gas hammered down the e-brake in the right hand and practice the "Scandinavian flick" around every corner.

Silly me.

One thing to note, in all my winters driving through the Sierras, I have seen more Subaru outbacks flipped in snow banks than any other car. I also have had more of them pass me at outrageous speeds in teh snow. Funny how that correlates.

Sometimes I feel Invisavincables like eric
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post

One thing to note, in all my winters driving through the Sierras, I have seen more Subaru outbacks flipped in snow banks than any other car. I also have had more of them pass me at outrageous speeds in teh snow. Funny how that correlates.

Sometimes I feel Invisavincables like eric
    +1

the fastest cars thru donner pass in the snow always subarus,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast