NJ Emissions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NJ Emissions within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; yo guys, i have a few questions about the laws for tuning in NJ Is it legal to have a ...

NJ Emissions

yo guys, i have a few questions about the laws for tuning in NJ

Is it legal to have a catless dp?

Does the AccessPort maps screw with your emmissions making them illegal?

Are there any other things that you cant do reguarding modding with the emission laws?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it illegal to have a catless DP on? Yes...

Will the emmissions testers know when they hook up the obd2 scanner that you have a catless DP? Not aslong as you have AP or another EM!
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    Is it illegal to have a catless DP on? Yes...
    Cats are on the car for a reason lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    Will the emmissions testers know when they hook up the obd2 scanner that you have a catless DP? Not aslong as you have AP or another EM!
    I know NY requires a visual inspection of the exhaust as well as an OBDII test - some states may not.

As for NJ emissions, Micah may be able to help you a bit - I know he's running catless.

It has been said that you can supposedly run without cats and still pass emissions in NJ. As for anything visual, I'm not sure.

Engine Management won't mess up your emissions if you still have cats...

...but what do I know...I don't have to get inspected until 2010
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Cats are on the car for a reason lol

I know NY requires a visual inspection of the exhaust as well as an OBDII test - some states may not.

As for NJ emissions, Micah may be able to help you a bit - I know he's running catless.
    With the accessport I am able to run catless and pass inspection. I have a MIL eliminator plugged into the first 02 sensor, and that is the only one that the car is allowed to see thanks to a modified map created with the Street Tuner software add on. I plug in OBDII and my car passes.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    With the accessport I am able to run catless and pass inspection. I have a MIL eliminator plugged into the first 02 sensor, and that is the only one that the car is allowed to see thanks to a modified map created with the Street Tuner software add on. I plug in OBDII and my car passes.

whats ur set up?????? like what company are you running for each part?

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    Umm..dude...he's banned. He can't reply to you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

He is running a Bosal shorty divorced catless downpipe mated to gutted stock midpipe/3rd cat. I believe he has the stock axleback but im not sure on that part, ill ask him next time i talk to him..

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch...egory_Code=220
    thats the downpipe, its a shorty, so it will mate up to a gutted 3rd cat.. and i think a hi flow cat as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Umm..dude...he's banned. He can't reply to you.
    sadly, yes
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

whoa whoa whoa, what did I miss, why did micah get t3h banstick?
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

what do you guys think.....if i have a g200 exhaust and invidia DP...would i pass emissions??? catted or cattless>?

what do you guys think.....if i have a g200 exhaust and invidia DP...would i pass emissions??? catted or cattless>?
    If you have no CEL, with a cat, no problem, without a cat, I still bet you pass.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

if you get an idiot at the inspection station that dont know what a cat looks like (which is most of them) and you dont have a cel and all your OBDII Readiness test show passed then you will have no problem. as far as the visual inspection for nj they use a mirror on a stick so how much can they really see.

Quote Originally Posted by WTRacing View Post
    if you get an idiot at the inspection station that dont know what a cat looks like (which is most of them) and you dont have a cel and all your OBDII Readiness test show passed then you will have no problem. as far as the visual inspection for nj they use a mirror on a stick so how much can they really see.
    go to a gas station pay the 50 bucks and get a sticker

I pass - catless - mods in sig. Though I still do go to a friends garage, but he plugs into the OBD-II port and my car passes.

No way in hell I'm letting them "test" my cars suspension the way they do - that's flat out abuse.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.