Albany, NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Albany, NY within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rms920 my majors psychology. do you go to suny? I currently attend SUNY Binghamton. I grew up ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rms920
    my majors psychology. do you go to suny?
    I currently attend SUNY Binghamton. I grew up in Guilderland (and I spend every weekend there), and many of my friends attend SUNY Albany, so I see them every once in a while. I'll be taking a few night classes there in the spring to finish up my degree.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, but hey the car is still a sweet ride stock . Maybe you could work on the weekends? Thats what i do and i make about $150/week. Nothing major but it pays for things and i dont work a ton of hours, Atleast i have little to no expenses being in highschool. I do pay for cell phone and then just random expenses like food when i go out etc. not to mention gas is so expensive right now. $3.29 for 91!!

Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    Yeah, but hey the car is still a sweet ride stock . Maybe you could work on the weekends? Thats what i do and i make about $150/week. Nothing major but it pays for things and i dont work a ton of hours
    i spent the first like 3 weeks of this semester trying to find a job. nobody hired me so i gave up and am just gonna wait till the summer, get a job with lots of hours and start working on the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32
    Yeah, but hey the car is still a sweet ride stock . Maybe you could work on the weekends? Thats what i do and i make about $150/week. Nothing major but it pays for things and i dont work a ton of hours, Atleast i have little to no expenses being in highschool. I do pay for cell phone and then just random expenses like food when i go out etc. not to mention gas is so expensive right now. $3.29 for 91!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rms920
    i spent the first like 3 weeks of this semester trying to find a job. nobody hired me so i gave up and am just gonna wait till the summer, get a job with lots of hours and start working on the car.
    I found it difficult to work during college, so I just pile on the work over breaks. I've worked 3 jobs (~80 hrs/week) on breaks since I was 17. That gave me enough $$ to last me through the semesters.

Quote Originally Posted by rms920 View Post
    Oh, well then yeah that would make it extremely tough. Well summers a better time to have a fun car than winter anyways, you will get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I found it difficult to work during college, so I just pile on the work over breaks. I've worked 3 jobs (~80 hrs/week) on breaks since I was 17. That gave me enough $$ to last me through the semesters.
    well whatever you do seems to work very well with an STi in college

I Support ClubWRX
    well whatever you do seems to work very well with an STi in college
    My cousin works at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from, so I was able to get it at cost from auction (it knocked ~$4k off the price, which was the only reason I jumped on the opportunity)

My cousin works at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from, so I was able to get it at cost from auction (it knocked ~$4k off the price, which was the only reason I jumped on the opportunity)
    Ah, very nice. My dads friend is a dealer so we have access to the auctions as well, but its kind of hard to find a clean wrx with low-ish miles. They are somewhat few and far between lately. Before i was in a position to buy one of course there were 05's rolling through for like 14k with 30kmiles

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, very nice. My dads friend is a dealer so we have access to the auctions as well, but its kind of hard to find a clean wrx with low-ish miles. They are somewhat few and far between lately. Before i was in a position to buy one of course there were 05's rolling through for like 14k with 30kmiles
    Got mine with 18,500 miles in April - I'm pushing 27k now. Only downsides to my car was that it was de-badged (that was an easy fix), and the rear bumper has a little area that melted around the exhaust (probably due to the previous owner having a cannon on there)

Got mine with 18,500 miles in April - I'm pushing 27k now
    thats sweet, great find. oh btw, that dp u linked me to is super pricey, can i get a catless one and pass emissions with a CBE?

I Support ClubWRX
    thats sweet, great find. oh btw, that dp u linked me to is super pricey, can i get a catless one and pass emissions with a CBE?
    To pass emissions in NY, you must have a catalytic converter if the vehicle is newer than '95 (I believe some places just do an OBDII check which may be able to be fooled with EM, but I know my mechanic also does a visual check and will fail me if I don't have one). If you purchase a catless DP, just replace the OEM DP and flash back to stock for the inspection - then put the DP/flash back when you get done. Because you're looking to purchase an '05, I don't believe you need the high-flow cat other than the emissions test (if you don't want to swap them out every time you get inspected)

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/uppipedownpipe.htm
    02-05 WRX OWNERS READ: On the 02-05 WRX there are no boost spike or creep issues in most cases with the use of an aftermarket downpipe or turboback.
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-18-2007 at 12:24 PM.

I' a new local member on here. I live in Berne, my father has a shop on Central Ave (Govel Welding), and I work at Saturn of Albany. So in between those places, you'll see my '02 PSM Wagon driving around!

I think we should organize a meet someplace and maybe go for a cruise up through the Berkshires (amazing road through there, Route 2) or Ilion Gorge (which is out 5 minutes past Herkimer). I have yet to check out this "Eagle's nest" or something similar to that down south!
    '02 Wagon --Daily--
    Bolt-On's Planned

'90 240SX --Project--
    400whp SR20

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZ460
    I think we should organize a meet someplace
    I've heard that they sometimes hold meets at the Wendy's on the corner of 155/Central (I believe it's where Karner Rd comes out, but those are more notable roads).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah but that's usually wrecked by cops blocking roads off and ricers that like to make noise and whatnot.

A good spot could possibly be the parking lot behind the Sears building on the corner of Albany St. and 155. I used to have fun back there before they plowed the snow off... haha! It's pretty far out of the mainstream traffic, so no one should be bothered as long as we're all on best behavior.
    Last edited by YFZ460; 01-04-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    '02 Wagon --Daily--
    Bolt-On's Planned

'90 240SX --Project--
    400whp SR20

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZ460 View Post
    Yeah but that's usually wrecked by cops blocking roads off and ricers that like to make noise and whatnot.

A good spot could possibly be the parking lot behind the Sears building on the corner of Albany St. and 155. I used to have fun back there before they plowed the snow off... haha! It's pretty far out of the mainstream traffic, so no one should be bothered as long as we're all on best behavior.
    I'd definitely be up for doing a meet. We just gotta figure a time/place.

7th Annual Subaru 48hrs of TriState Charity Run

I'm planning on meeting up with them in Cooperstown, and going with them to Lake George. If you'd be up for a caravan down, I'd probably be hitting up I-88 around 7-730am. We can grab coffee/donuts at the DD on 7 right by exit 24.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast