Nov. 10th Roller Derby Meet!! Chicks, Skates and teh Warrior Cup! seriously. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nov. 10th Roller Derby Meet!! Chicks, Skates and teh Warrior Cup! seriously. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Woot, 6 days!...

Banned

Woot, 6 days!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't forget to get your tickets!!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Bought my tickets today
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I don't think I will be going to this one

JR when is the next Victory meet? I will have your struts done for then for sure (most likely will be outsourcing them, but not to the Chinese so don't worry )
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    I don't think I will be going to this one

JR when is the next Victory meet? I will have your struts done for then for sure (most likely will be outsourcing them, but not to the Chinese so don't worry )
    I was hoping to have one this month, but I just don't have an open date. Maybe the first weekend in Dec.

I Support ClubWRX
    As you may have figured out by now I will not be attending this totally tasteless, barbaric, crude, lewd, and most certainly fun event. Have a great time!!

Victory?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    As you may have figured out by now I will not be attending this totally tasteless, barbaric, crude, lewd, and most certainly fun event. Have a great time!!

Victory?
    I'm appalled by your lack of support for local debauchery.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

WTF?

Victory?
    I wanted to try to get one going for Nov. 17th, but my weekend is pretty full and I know I need a day off. You can put it together if you want.

Dec. 1 would be the next date I think we could shoot for.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    I'm appalled by your lack of support for local debauchery.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    WTF?
    I am no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I wanted to try to get one going for Nov. 17th, but my weekend is pretty full and I know I need a day off. You can put it together if you want.

Dec. 1 would be the next date I think we could shoot for.
    I might just do that ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Unfortunately...I have to back out of the Roller Derby meet...I am on call for work, no access to a laptop with remote connectivity

Have fun drinking beers, driving Subies, and watching hot tatted up chicks beat the hell outta each other
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Yo.
    I didn't want to say anything since I was a tentative yes, but it is official, I am in!

Managed to score a baby sitter, so the wife and I will be there.

What time are people getting there? Is the idea to hang a bit beforehand? If so, there is a place called the Copper Kettle that is quite close that has beer and pretty good seafood.

Anyway, no matter how we meet up, I am looking forward to it.

D.

there are usually people in the parking lot doing a little bit of tailgating beforehand, but it's by no means big or organized. that said, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing it, so you could certainly hang out beforehand. doors open an hour before the bouts start, so some go get tickets and then go hang out. however, some prefer to stake out their floor seats ahead of time, too.
    ahh yes, and today's press release:

For Immediate Release:
    Philly Roller Girls Present Battle for the Season!

Saturday, November 10, 2007 The Philly Roller Girls will battle it out for final ranking of the 2007 season. The first bout of this double header will feature the Heavy Metal Hookers vs. the Hostile City Honeys in a bout that will determine 3rd and 4th place in the league. The second bout will pit the Broad Street Butchers vs. the Philthy Britches to see who will take home the Warrior Cup and 1st place bragging rights.

The end of year match-ups are the same as last season, but for three of the four teams, their win/loss records are very different. The 2006 season ended with the Hookers and the Honeys each looking for their first win. By the end of the semi-finals bout, the Honeys squeezed out a victory by one point and took 3rd place in the league. In last year’s championship bout, the Butchers and Britches were both undefeated, and the Britches ended up taking home the Warrior Cup. This year, the Britches are still undefeated, but the other three teams are coming into the final bouts with 1 win and 2 losses a piece. Having lost their bouts by fewer points than the Hookers and Honeys determined that the Butchers would play in the championship.

Doors will open at 5:00 p.m., with the first bout starting at 6:00 p.m. Both bouts will feature two 25 minute periods, with an intermission between bouts. The second bout is scheduled to kick off shortly after 7:30 p.m.

The Young Werewolves will play live to get things started, and a short awards ceremony will take place immediately after the second bout to end the evening. The fan favorite awards will be followed by the presentation of the 2007 Warrior Cup. Jaxon from 93.3 WMMR will present the trophy.

All the action will take place at the Sportsplex, at 1331 O’Reilly Drive, in Feasterville, PA. The after party will be at Manny Browns in the Neshaminy Mall.

As with every bout, the Philly Roller Girls have chosen to work with a charity in order to uphold their commitment to their community. This month, they will be donating a portion of the evening’s proceeds to Delaware County Women Against Rape.

About the Philly Roller Girls
    Philly Roller Girls is an all-girl, skater-owned and operated roller derby league that formed in March 2005 and is in its second season. The league is comprised of a diverse group of hard-working athletes with the strength and character to provide serious entertainment for fans while having fun in the process. The league has over 50 dedicated skaters on four home teams—the Broad Street Butchers, the Heavy Metal Hookers, the Hostile City Honeys and 2006 champions the Philthy Britches. Last October the league debuted their all-star travel team, the Liberty Belles, who are currently ranked 10th in the nation.

These women, along with many dedicated volunteers, have been working tirelessly to bring the sport of women’s roller derby back to the Philadelphia area. The Philly Roller Girls are proud members of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), a group representing over 35 all-female, independent flat-track roller derby leagues throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.phillyrollergirls.com.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Banned
    What's the plan crew? I will be out looking at wedding venues during the day, but should be able to hang by 4. Copper Kettle sounds good, as does the General Davis.

so whats the deal guys? where/when are we meeting. Whats the plan for afterward? Should I bring beverages? Looking forward to my first Clubwrx meet. I've even gotten the girlfriend excited about it.
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

Well, even with waiting until Thurs. to say something, it seems I have spoken too soon. Babysitter is no longer available, so I am probably not going to make it. If for some reason I gain leave to fly solo for the night, I will just meet up with people ~ start time.

D.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast