for all central nj suby owners - Page 22
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

This is a discussion on for all central nj suby owners within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; im in ac ima be home tomorrow unless u guys wana come down tonight sat and hit up some trails ...

im in ac ima be home tomorrow unless u guys wana come down tonight sat and hit up some trails thats up to u guys or ill be home early sunday if u wana meet up before i go to work ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

one lucky mofo

I got pulled over doing 120mph on the parkway last night. I punched it in a spot that I thought was clear - and got paced.

he cut me a bit of a break - wrote me up for careless and 80 in a 65.

It was a momentary lapse in judgement. Thank god I've got family in law enforcement.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I got pulled over doing 120mph on the parkway last night. I punched it in a spot that I thought was clear - and got paced.

he cut me a bit of a break - wrote me up for careless and 80 in a 65.

It was a momentary lapse in judgement. Thank god I've got family in law enforcement.
    Thats pretty beat! At least he cut you a bit of a break.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

hey fellas....im pretty new to the forum (and soobies in general) but I just got an 07 wrx wagon and i live near LBI. Any meets goin on in NJ anytime soon?

...also, im lookin to get into a little amature rally racing...anyone know of competitions in the area??

thanks in advance.

thats 7 total points

hey micah...sorry to hear that man. i've been busted on the parkway a few times.

...you can go to court and plead guilty to unsafe driving (fine but 0 points) for the careless ticket. you are allowed to do this only twice every 5 years. If the trooper shows up on the court date you prob wont get a break on the speeding ticket since he already wrote it down. What township were the tickets in ??? if it was wall, or another town with judge broadbelt you are really lucky, because he gives madatory loss of license for anything over 100mph.

...hopefully you dont have any points and can get out of this with only a couple points and some cash....or you can hire a lawyer, not try to sell business just tryin to help you out....my father is an attorney in toms river, he was a trooper and prosecutor before that and hes quite good with moving violations. hit me up on here if you would like to use him. good luck either wayy.

any1 wana meet on saturday, the 5th? sam, jeff, clinton u in? wana see the new WRX i got. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ahendrickson View Post
    any1 wana meet on saturday, the 5th? sam, jeff, clinton u in? wana see the new WRX i got. lol
    what time? I am meeting up with a 2.5i today at noon @ this adress:

Applebees
    965 Jefferson Ave
    Union, NJ

it is just off Rt. 22 by what my GPS tells me. U can meet us down there. one of my friends is coming to take photos
    2007 OBP 2.5i Special Edition 4EAT
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #080
    Current Mods: SuperBrightLED 194W 6-cluster parking lights; 7443 15-cluster brake lights,'05 WRX rims, WRX axleback, DRL disable, Perrin replacement Filter, 8000k HID kit, intake silencer delete, RA UR flaps, OEM foglights, and Shock Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04 View Post
    thats 7 total points
    Careless is 2 points, 15 over is 4 points.

I called the courthouse yesterday, and my stupidity made yet another appearance.

Me: Hi, can you check tickets XXX and XXX for me, I'd like to know what the fines are?

Lady at Courthouse: Ok, the XXX is for Careless, and that's $80. And the XXX is for speeding and that is $170.

Me(stupidity takes ahold): But these were in a 65 mile an hour zone, so aren't the fines doubled?

Lady at Courthouse: (long pause) (to people in office: when you girls put in these state tickets you have to hit the checkbox for 65) I'm sorry I didnt hear you, would you like to repeat that?

Me(realizing my error): No.

Lady at Courthouse: Smart. I'll leave the fines the way they are sir.

Me(pushing my luck since I found a nice person): Do you know if people usually would hire a lawyer for this? I know there is the newer unsafe driving portion of title 39 which eliminates the points for an additional fine and I haven't used it - would I be able to use it?

Lady at Courthouse: Well I'm not really supposed to answer those types of questions. But I think it would cost more than it's worth for these tickets to hire a lawyer. If you haven't used the unsafe driving then you can use that. I think you can handle this on your own.

Me: Thank you so much

Then I laughed with my co-workers about my stupidity and figure I would post about it later. So I'm planning on taking a trip to the courthouse next week to sit through a court session to see how things go.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

^hahaha....you're lucky you ran into one of the few 'nice' court clerks.

...thats you're best bet tho, pay the speading ticket, and plead unsafe driving for the careless. good luck man.

*sigh* some jerk in a Blazer did this to me as I was driving not even a 1/4 or so from my house:

^^^this is the back seat

Hawk-Eye Alliance #080
    Current Mods: SuperBrightLED 194W 6-cluster parking lights; 7443 15-cluster brake lights,'05 WRX rims, WRX axleback, DRL disable, Perrin replacement Filter, 8000k HID kit, intake silencer delete, RA UR flaps, OEM foglights, and Shock Sensor

oh **** clinton, how did that happen

old Chevy Blazer heading to me oncoming throw somethnig heavy at my car and it almost kilt me. no worries........I am just so royally pissed off....

~Clinton
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #080

that sucks

the new jersey justice system is (in my opinion) disorganized.

every town and courthouse dont know what they want, but end up asking for the same **** in the end ... money.

i never knew about the pay a higher fine instead of getting points deal ...

and because i never knew about it, im stuck with 4 points, under first year of lisence = defensive driving course (worst 3 hours of my life) = probation for a year = if i get one more moving violation ... license gets suspended for 90 days.

yes, so now i drive the speed limit in a turbo charged all wheel drive car. how lovely.