for all central nj suby owners - Page 13
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on for all central nj suby owners within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; the same applebees near you from like 2 weeks ago?...

the same applebees near you from like 2 weeks ago?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lets say 6 at the apple bees on rt 35 down by sams house again... i gotta put in a controle bar on my boys civic duruing the day if anyone wants to help me

Just throwing this out there. I'll be putting my car on the dyno at PT on Saturday. I'm expecting to put down somewhere between 250-270awhp.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

nice im looking at buying the rally sport gear set for my tranz and the fpred turbo

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04 View Post
    lets say 6 at the apple bees on rt 35 down by sams house again... i gotta put in a controle bar on my boys civic duruing the day if anyone wants to help me
    Yeah Jeff, 6 sounds good. Im in for helping you with the controll bar. When and when will you be dooing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Just throwing this out there. I'll be putting my car on the dyno at PT on Saturday. I'm expecting to put down somewhere between 250-270awhp.
    does PT do good protunes?

Are you getting tuned/self tuning or just looking to see where your at? Either way, good luck and let us know how you make out.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR View Post
    Are you getting tuned/self tuning or just looking to see where your at? Either way, good luck and let us know how you make out.
    Just looking to see what kind of power I am making. They have a guy doing the tunes, but I haven't met him yet.

I do own the StreetTuner add-on (the $199 version), so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit tempted. XXTuning isn't too far of a drive though, and I have an exgf that I'm good friends with in CT, so I've got a place to crash if I need to.

Right now I just want to see what I'm making. I'm considering picking up a Perrin Equal Length Header and a protune sometime down the road. However, I'm also wondering how hard I should be pushing on my stock engine. That's why I choose the vf34, it seemed like a safe option. Same deal with the Cobb OTS maps, seemed like a safe option.

Does anyone here know of anyone running the FP16G map? I'm curious as to the differences in spool characteristics between the two turbos and how they relate to real world driving. With the vf34, I'm building boost low (2k) and have full boost in low-mid (2.8k give or take a few hundred depending on gear), end result being I can have fun with boost and not exceed the speed limit too badly in normal driving.

Thoughts?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Just looking to see what kind of power I am making. They have a guy doing the tunes, but I haven't met him yet.

I do own the StreetTuner add-on (the $199 version), so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit tempted. XXTuning isn't too far of a drive though, and I have an exgf that I'm good friends with in CT, so I've got a place to crash if I need to.

Right now I just want to see what I'm making. I'm considering picking up a Perrin Equal Length Header and a protune sometime down the road. However, I'm also wondering how hard I should be pushing on my stock engine. That's why I choose the vf34, it seemed like a safe option. Same deal with the Cobb OTS maps, seemed like a safe option.

Does anyone here know of anyone running the FP16G map? I'm curious as to the differences in spool characteristics between the two turbos and how they relate to real world driving. With the vf34, I'm building boost low (2k) and have full boost in low-mid (2.8k give or take a few hundred depending on gear), end result being I can have fun with boost and not exceed the speed limit too badly in normal driving.

Thoughts?
    I HIGHLY recommend Chris at XX tuning. How much are PT charging for the pulls? I only ask because I know a bunch of the guys at Tune Tyme in Toms River. They have a Mustang dyno. That and I've been burned a few times by PT.

I'm not sure - hasn't been discussed. PT has always done right by me.

I'm not sure - hasn't been discussed. PT has always done right by me.
    guess they like you better, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR View Post
    guess they like you better, lol.
    That's where I got my $150 exhaust.

Thats where I got charged for 2 clutch installs because they have incompent workers.

lol least they didnt have ur car for a month trying to put the engine in it... and then tell u that ur inlet tubewas blown when all it was the up pipe gaskets lol...

Sup guys? Sorry I didnt text you back Jeff, now that I have money I think I am going to get some SS Brake lines, HIDs and some fender marker lights. Any other suggestions? Unless I decide to go stage 2, or I could get swaybars. I'll be home the week after Xmas, so hopefully I'll make it out to a meet.

Let me know if you guys ever want to come visit
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr