huge philly n00b

This is a discussion on huge philly n00b within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; just moved down here..i am livin in germantown and i go to drexel med for graduate school. i am clueless ...

huge philly n00b

just moved down here..i am livin in germantown and i go to drexel med for graduate school. i am clueless about where to go. I know manayunk is nice but where do mid 20s people go out? good grocery stores? i went to that new super fresh in on ridge in roxborough its pretty nice. Also...can you take trains into centery city easily? like can i hope on the r8 at queen lane and have it take me downtown? kinda confused. thanks dudes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Southeast PA! I am rural / suburbanite ... someone will drop by to help you out.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwillen View Post
    just moved down here..i am livin in germantown and i go to drexel med for graduate school. i am clueless about where to go. I know manayunk is nice but where do mid 20s people go out? good grocery stores? i went to that new super fresh in on ridge in roxborough its pretty nice. Also...can you take trains into centery city easily? like can i hope on the r8 at queen lane and have it take me downtown? kinda confused. thanks dudes!
    Welcome to the area.

I'm actually across the bridge, but I can help ya out some.

The R8 goes right into the heart of center city. http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html The Market East Station is right in the heart of Center City- Old City is a couple of blocks east(lots of clubs/bars/restaurants... lil trendy and lil spendy)- There's Historic crap every direction from there. A few blocks SW is Jewelers Row, and pretty much anywhere between the station and Jewelers Row is shopping... including the Gallery(mall).

Market East is kinda the main rail hub- you can switch to a subway to all over the city(stadiums, etc) or the PATCO line and head straight to Jersey(even as far as Atlantic City)

Might wanna check out South Street. Kinda eclectic shopping/hang out/bar area...

While you're around you should come out to the Victory meet on the 22nd. There's a thread in the Tri-State section somewhere, Its around 30 min west of where you are.

Sorry if I rambled...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Haha not rambling at all...I need all the info I can get! Perhaps I will come to the meet...however i dont have a wrx anymore! But I will gladly come...I have a chipped a4 1.8t now. That is good news that the r8 goes into downtown. I forced myself to drive to city line target tonight without any GPS and I did okay so I am learning slowly!!! Anymore info etc would be appreciated!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha not rambling at all...I need all the info I can get! Perhaps I will come to the meet...however i dont have a wrx anymore! But I will gladly come...I have a chipped a4 1.8t now. That is good news that the r8 goes into downtown. I forced myself to drive to city line target tonight without any GPS and I did okay so I am learning slowly!!! Anymore info etc would be appreciated!!
    As long as you like driving and beer you will enjoy the Victory meet.

You can also try the General Lafayette Brewpub. Its on Germantown Ave...

JR(WRX Wagone) isn't far from you, he probably would have some good ideas/places in the city(when he gets around to checking this thread).
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    JR(WRX Wagone) isn't far from you, he probably would have some good ideas/places in the city(when he gets around to checking this thread).
    Yeah, he's been quite busy recently.

I actually think Jesse was quite informative with things.

Manayunk, South Street, Old City, Chestnut Hill. All nice parts of town. There are a good number of up and coming areas.

I don't make it down to the city as much as I would like, but what sort of things are you looking for?

And do check out the Victory Meet.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

dude, im in manayunk and i know all the places youre talkin about. mid 20s..there are a lot of bars on main st in manayunk. some good tuesday night wing night, lots of beer specials. on the corner of Rector and Main st, place is called Flatrock, good wings, lots of import beers.

yeah man i live like 1.xx miles from manayunk so i need to roll in there and check things out...meet will be fun as long as i got nothin goin on! i will def be there...because i need friends...hahaha

woah i am an idiot...like victory brewing company......uhhh if so i will be there....golden monkey from the brewery???? def my favorite beer

I Support ClubWRX
    woah i am an idiot...like victory brewing company......uhhh if so i will be there....golden monkey from the brewery???? def my favorite beer
    no, yes, and yes.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon

join fitness first and say you talked to me about membership
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Hey, I go to drexel med too! Do you park at queen lane? which WRX is yours? Mine is the blue sti with the colorado license.

I work in Philly everyday, go out in some part of this place almost every weekend and love it...lets not forget about University City...it has its little dive bars and places to go which are fun as well. Lot of younger crowd around there and definitely lots of ladies. Manayunk is the biggest cliche place to go out, but its a ton of fun. My best friend lives in Manayunk and its a good time.

But what everyone has mentioned are the places to be...welcome to Philly!

Flat Rock is awesome BTW!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning