Subaru WRX Forum banner

---Centralia, PA Meet - 10/21/07---

20K views 248 replies 28 participants last post by  Steveo47193 
#1 · (Edited)
Meet is going to be Sunday, October 21!

Ok, here's the deal. We're going to meet at Centralia and shoot the chit. Its a neat place to check out. Mine fires are lots of fun. Then we're basically going to do a cruise through the mountains because its very scenic, leaves are changinc colors and it will be a great time to shoot some pics. I want to wrap things up in Bloomsburg around 3-4, grab some food at Harry's on Main Street, and start wanderig my way back home.

Post or PM me if you are coming!!!

TIME: 1PM I'll probably be there a 1/2 hour early.

In attendance

WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT!

More than enuff!!!!!!!!

*ClubWRX
**NASIOC
***TriStateTuners

See less See more
#153 ·
I'd meet the Philly guys @ kop - but I'm staying @ my girls dads in Reading (we'll outside - near Blue Marsh off RT. 83 - I think) - I'm not sure the town name - "Rob-a-something" - I just know how 2 get there - my girl knows that area real well - but if any 1s in that area we can meet up that way & follow each other & get lost 2gether. . . . . .

#158 ·
Cool, I'm going to pour over some maps and topographical charts while I am camping and try and find some roads I remember. I know that I want the drive to end at creek road in Bloomsburg 17815 (have to drive it into town cuz I love that road). Ur old enuff to have a beer with us at Harry's, right?

#163 ·
U'll have a blast! If you've never seen what industrialization and sheer carelessness can do to a small community, this will blow you away! I can't take you safely to a place that looks like the places I saw back in the day, but I'll be able to show you some ****. The town is dead. Driveways to no where. There was a Centralia Speed shop at one point where we should leave recognition. Centralia will thank you just for going to her and recognizing her.

#171 ·
well - I had a sh#tty morning - theres a new pot hole on I95 - I pinched my side wall on my front pass side tire - I was p#ssed - but it doesn't look like I bent the rim - thank good - but I'm a poor white guy - that means new tires going 2 have 2 wait - so I'll be running stock wheel & tires
:thumbdown

#173 ·
im here reading about this meeting in centralia... i live near by

anyways centralia can be fun, my friends and i like to take their old sh*tty cars back the bush there and drift around/ bushin, your car wont get dirty as long as you dont enter the bush (coal region talk for woods or whatever you wanna call it).. but in centralia there are practically no cops so my friends like to race on the road from centralia to mount carmel which is really fun, i might stop by i have the a silver 06 wrx and my friend has a blue 05 wrx

we refer to the smokey gases as hell by the way

#188 ·
:-(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope you all had a great time! Weather was awesome!

Here's why I didn't make it:

Poor lil Versa. My brother was basically assaulted by some savage on the PA turnpike during our camping trip over the weekend. :mad:

Everyone's ok and they did pull the guy over. The damage is actually worse than when you can see from the pics. It may be totaled :sadwave:

#189 ·
yeah - sorry about ur brothers ride - at least everybodys ok - on the way back 2 Delaware - my girl & I got caught in traffic from nasty crash - between Morgantown & Rt 100 - kia (I think - kinda hard 2 tell) - bounced between the guard rail & the mountain a few times

so what happen 2 the guy that cut ur brother off? - did he even know he caused a crash? - did the cops do anything 2 him?

#191 ·
so what happen 2 the guy that cut ur brother off? - did he even know he caused a crash? - did the cops do anything 2 him?
Apparently his aggressvice driving was so insane that there were a lot of witnesses and people called the cops. They got him about 20 miles down the road. We're waiting for the police report. I really would like to find him, tie him down and start force-feeding him his own fingers, but we'll see. That jackhole f-ed up my camping trip and my Centralia meet.

But sir, you are the best meet organizer ever. You didn't even make it and it was an awesome event!!! (I learned JR can't put down his buffalo wings... tsk tsk... )
I'm really really glad everyone had fun. I was concerned because most people I know don't get the same kick out of driving mountain roads in the fall and checking out wierd stuff like Centralia as I do.

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.