PA....a rice racer breeding ground???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PA....a rice racer breeding ground??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I was down in the Philly area of PA this past weekend visiting a buddy of mine...he actually lives about ...

PA....a rice racer breeding ground???

I was down in the Philly area of PA this past weekend visiting a buddy of mine...he actually lives about 40 minutes west of Philly in Limerick.

Driving through that area on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon I saw more riced out cars then I have seen the last couple of years in Boston. I'm talking the whole 9....graphics and everything. They were everywhere....is this a PA thing or was it just luck that I ran across all these cars?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    probably luck. I was in Philly on saturday...and I managed to steer clear of the riceboys...even though I was in a heavy asian area.

Peeing into oncoming F5 wind, boy that sure is warm
    Limerick power plant is about 5 miles from my house. I dont think I could even find a word to explain the amount of ricers that live around me. I get revved at, at every light I come up to. These dumbass kids in thier civics actually try and race me. I never do unless I am in a pissed off mood. I always let them win, I love when they give the good ol' "hazards on" sign.

I never get this, are these ricers that STUPID!!! The only reason for "hazards on" is to let people who are standing at the starting line know who won. This should only go on during illegal street racing on closed streets where there is a crowd standing at the start.

Ricers will never learn, I think even my friend Paul is an idiot with his 2003 CL type S. I was in the car with him once and a 96style civic pulls up next to us and revs. I laugh and Paul takes it serious. My friend Paul guns it, kills him of course, then throws on the hazards . I was embarrased to be in the car. I guess the honda acura guys a too much alike or something.
    My WRX is fast from what people tell me

it was bad....i even saw a mustang gt with graphics and a big a$$ wing on it....to each his own as far as what you want to do to your car....but turning a car which could very well epitomize the american muscle car and turn it into a piece of rice hurts my eyes....
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Originally posted by STR8OUT
    Limerick power plant is about 5 miles from my house. I dont think I could even find a word to explain the amount of ricers that live around me. I get revved at, at every light I come up to. These dumbass kids in thier civics actually try and race me.
    ok...atleast i know i am not crazy.....

str8out...i have never seen so many in a small area...it is safe to say that almost every corner you turned there was another riced out civic.....i would probably go crazy living out there
    -Brian

Originally posted by tan
    probably luck. I was in Philly on saturday...and I managed to steer clear of the riceboys...even though I was in a heavy asian area.
    Not all "riceboys" are asian....I know where you are coming from though..There are a lot of ricers in philly..I just ignored them or beat them..

Originally posted by tan
    Heavy asian area? What do the chicks weigh, about a deuce? Deuce and a half?

Anyway, I live in Philly and most WRX owners that I have met or seen are not riced out. However, there are quite a few riced out Hondas, Acuras, and Supras flying around, especially in Chinatown. For some reason, as you tend to go south or west of Philly (towards Delaware) or north and east of Philly (towards NYC) the number of riceboys rises (again, Chinatown being the exception). The number of ricers in Center City is quite minimal; it is the epicenter of non-rice...
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

tan
    I was having lunch at Pho Ha, needed to go across the street to the supermarket a get a certain Vietnamese crushed soy bean sauce, they goes well with fried tofu. The rice activity around 5th and washington died down since that one import shop moved elsewhere or closed...

Originally posted by dookiebob
    Heavy asian area? What do the chicks weigh, about a deuce? Deuce and a half?

LOL!

Originally posted by dookiebob
    Anyway, I live in Philly and most WRX owners that I have met or seen are not riced out. However, there are quite a few riced out Hondas, Acuras, and Supras flying around, especially in Chinatown. For some reason, as you tend to go south or west of Philly (towards Delaware) or north and east of Philly (towards NYC) the number of riceboys rises (again, Chinatown being the exception). The number of ricers in Center City is quite minimal; it is the epicenter of non-rice...
    This area has more rice than non-rice. They're well-educated though...rarely have to put the smack down. They know better.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

While technically Philadelphia is in Pennsylvania, we'd like to cede it to New Jersey, where it belongs.

Originally posted by IMPREZvWRX
    LOL!

This area has more rice than non-rice. They're well-educated though...rarely have to put the smack down. They know better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.