Street Racers in Newark Busted - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51

This is a discussion on Street Racers in Newark Busted within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Keep up entertained vs give us a place to do something legal. Going to a movie theatre is entertainment and ...

  1. #46
    Registered User SERacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,819
    Keep up entertained vs give us a place to do something legal. Going to a movie theatre is entertainment and isn't really comparable to a track. You can't race on the street period, so doing it privately is out of the question. On the other hand you can go buy a dvd player and watch your favorite movie at home.

    A lot of states sponsor a type of program to get people off the streets and onto the track so why do you think its NOT their job to provide us with a legal place to enjoy a hobbie?
    SIRacing.Net

    Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

    does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    Keep up entertained vs give us a place to do something legal. Going to a movie theatre is entertainment and isn't really comparable to a track. You can't race on the street period, so doing it privately is out of the question. On the other hand you can go buy a dvd player and watch your favorite movie at home.

    A lot of states sponsor a type of program to get people off the streets and onto the track so why do you think its NOT their job to provide us with a legal place to enjoy a hobbie?
    Exactly. Englishtown has been under pressure for the last few years. They want to close it down but yet dont want kids street racing. They build new parts to it, but can't get the right permit to execute these new parts legally. People who live around Englishtown should realize even before they moved in that at times there will be loud, very loud noises in their backyard, they choose to live there and the track has been there longer then most people have lived there.
    The irony to the whole situation is that the mayor of englishtown wants the place closed, when his grandson is into street racing/modifying cars. Heck he owns a 2.5rs and lives a town over from me.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

  4. #48
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Exactly. Englishtown has been under pressure for the last few years. They want to close it down but yet dont want kids street racing. They build new parts to it, but can't get the right permit to execute these new parts legally. People who live around Englishtown should realize even before they moved in that at times there will be loud, very loud noises in their backyard, they choose to live there and the track has been there longer then most people have lived there.
    The irony to the whole situation is that the mayor of englishtown wants the place closed, when his grandson is into street racing/modifying cars. Heck he owns a 2.5rs and lives a town over from me.
    I'm not saying current establishments should be closed down, just that they hold no responsibility to entertain us. You don't have to race to live.

  5. #49
    Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I'm not saying current establishments should be closed down, just that they hold no responsibility to entertain us. You don't have to race to live.
    No I understand. I think the main point is, bust a bunch of people for street racing, give em an altimatum. By building tracks and street courses and what not.
    "You don't have to race to live." I think ya do, I got a quad turbo srt-4 sitting in the garage with 2 bottles and I only race for slips. JK
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

  6. #50
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    No I understand. I think the main point is, bust a bunch of people for street racing, give em an altimatum. By building tracks and street courses and what not.
    "You don't have to race to live." I think ya do, I got a quad turbo srt-4 sitting in the garage with 2 bottles and I only race for slips. JK
    They have an ultimatum. Don't street race, and you won't get busted.

  7. #51
    Registered User Cheers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    368
    I forget where I saw it, but there are some places that have tried to put together sanctioned races for kids...the gov't did not pay for it, or at least not all of it. I think that an organization of people who have had friends and family killed racing funded a good portion of it. It is a good idea...Provide a legal alternative then crack down on illegal racing to make the legal choice more desirable.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •