Street Racers in Newark Busted - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racers in Newark Busted within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ronbang No way they can just crush your car because you were street racing. Ok impound it ...

Quote Originally Posted by ronbang
    No way they can just crush your car because you were street racing. Ok impound it is one thing...saying ok im gonna take your 35,000 dollar car and put it in a car crusher for street racing is ridiculous...and what if its not even yours yet your still paying for it...i call bull**** on this one...theres no way they can do that...not believing that for half a sec.

dont believe it, too bad its true. I live here, do you???
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In Los Angeles, for example, the police can confiscate street racers' cars and eventually crush them. "We wanted to make a strong statement that L.A. would not tolerate street racing," says Michelle Rodriguez, senior lead officer for the Sun Valley area, Los Angeles Police Department Foothill Division, who's been involved with combating the problem since 1996. "To racers, their cars are everything. If you crush them, that sends a powerful message."

thats from a AAA article, also spectators can go to jail for up to 6 months for just watching

Los Angeles has had success with other tough laws, too, including spectator laws (up to six months in jail, maximum fine of $1,000 plus a penalty assessment). Also, the Bureau of Automotive Repair has trained police to enforce laws dealing with illegal modifications to a car's engine and exhaust system.

funny thing is i live in sun valley.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    thats from a AAA article, also spectators can go to jail for up to 6 months for just watching

funny thing is i live in sun valley.
    Thanks FATF! CA is off of my might move to someday list.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Thanks FATF! CA is off of my might move to someday list.

weathers nice?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    weathers nice?
    True. I H8 the Northeastern winters.

I thought CA was more left leaning; crushing cars seems so right wing.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

damn

ok i looked it up seems it is kinda true...but i still cant even begin to phathom that idea of taking your car and crushing it...

ok i looked it up seems it is kinda true...but i still cant even begin to phathom that idea of taking your car and crushing it...
    not kinda true, it is true. Welcome to nazi california, whats so hard to believe?

about a month ago my brother got a letter in the mail saying that his car has been documented for being at the street races and if hes ever gets pulled over near where they race his car could get impounded or fined.i think thats just a scare tactic they use to scare off kids.they really do need to find somthing better to do with their money. also he hasn't been around there for like 7 months now. this state does suck but what can you do?
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Wow between what you Cali guys are saying bout street racing, I never knew it was so strict. I heard bout how exhaust and mods were "illegal" and fines could be issued. But I didnt know it was so big like a war on narcotics or illegal guns.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

As far as I'm concerned, California can just break off and float out into the Pacific.
    By the way, is it just me or all those Civic forums just full of illiterate morons? I read about 5 posts and my head started to actually hurt.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

No way they can just crush your car because you were street racing. Ok impound it is one thing...saying ok im gonna take your 35,000 dollar car and put it in a car crusher for street racing is ridiculous...and what if its not even yours yet your still paying for it...i call bull**** on this one...theres no way they can do that...not believing that for half a sec. What if its an old expensive muscle car like say somthing they do on overhaulin or somthing...ill fight to the death before they stick my car in a crusher...ill be suing someone
    Your Avatar rules.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    By the way, is it just me or all those Civic forums just full of illiterate morons? I read about 5 posts and my head started to actually hurt.
    No, it is not just you. An awful place to hang out. Or even read 5 posts.
    Mods & Pics

As usual the gov't tries to save face and not "fix" the problem...instead of spending tax payers money to build a task force why not build some more tracks to keep kids off the street? They think showing people how they cuffed some kids makes them look like they're doing their job.

Its the same idea with skateboarding...they send police out to harass the kids instead of giving them a place to go...kids will be kids regardless but at least give them the benefit of the doubt and present them with an option of doing it legally.

Its sad really...we have englishtown, nj by me BUT its a nice little toll or two to get to and its only open wed, fri nights and sat and sun morning...plus the gov't keeps building houses closer and closer so now e-town has noise restrictions and is charging more money to race. It just gets worse and worse for people with a hobby. 1000+ houses to be built or a drag strip...which do you think will win?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    As usual the gov't tries to save face and not "fix" the problem...instead of spending tax payers money to build a task force why not build some more tracks to keep kids off the street? They think showing people how they cuffed some kids makes them look like they're doing their job.
    It isn't the goverment's job to keep us entertained so we don't break laws.

On that note, lets not turn this political.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    On that note, lets not turn this political.

yeah plz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast