NJ: Pine Barrens Express 11/19/05 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on NJ: Pine Barrens Express 11/19/05 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by stcktnkid Yea I have never done anything like this before? Is this ok for a newbie? I ...

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stcktnkid
    Yea I have never done anything like this before? Is this ok for a newbie? I live in Toms River, and my girlfriend lives in Jackson so this is very close to my house. Do you need any modifications done to ur car to participate?
    Nope you can be stock. People drive all kinds of cars.
    As for the question bout being a n00b, so am I but my buddy driving isnt, but you have to start somewhere. I say go for it, people there will help ya out.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool, now all i have to find is a navigator. What does the navigator do? Dont say navigate! and does the driver and nav need helmets like you need at the track?
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

Quote Originally Posted by stcktnkid
    cool, now all i have to find is a navigator. What does the navigator do? Dont say navigate! and does the driver and nav need helmets like you need at the track?
    No helmets needed, this isnt really done at high speeds. You can have ur g.f. navigate. They basically watch the stop watch and take notes of check points and tell you where to turn and what not cause your busy focusing on the road.
    Hope this helps.
    Uncle Lewie

ok well i signed up and sent in my stuff. I got my navigator. What time is everyone showing up at the event?
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

i don't know if i want to do it in my car, don't really want to slide into a tree or something....i do however have a friend in a '89 bmw 325 who doesent care about tearing it up...
    "There are two infinites in this world: space and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure on space." -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by r0nzar
    i don't know if i want to do it in my car, don't really want to slide into a tree or something....i do however have a friend in a '89 bmw 325 who doesent care about tearing it up...
    Do it up man, thatd be sweet.
    Uncle Lewie

I'm just curious, would this be a cool event to come out and watch? My gurly's sister lives in Jackson, so we could come out to visit her too.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

im getting nervous, is my car going to get F-ed up in this rally?
    Chris

It's not a real rally. Your car will be better off than a drive on the Van Wyck. I've done things offroad in Utah that would make people cry and walked away with no damage.

Alas, I got ****ed and won't be attending. Couldn't get the day off.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Its fast approaching....4 more days!!!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    THis event was made with the WRX in mind. Best car for the job. The worst that has happened so far is my stock plastic skid plate got a few clips pulled off as did one of my fender well clips. I have seen a WRX get stuck in one of the water holes, but I don't know how they did it. The PBX is the one of the most fun events you can have with the WRX in an organized motorsport event without needing a roll cage, or a lawyer

-Chris
    Looks cool, good luck Chris.
    05' Black - 5Zigen ProRacers in Bronze, Invidia DP,GReddy EvoII, COBB Street Tuner,Perrin Crank Pulley,JDM Ti front strut bar, Cusco rear strut bar,RedLine Shockproof,Denso 1 cldr plugs,Pinks & Tops,CoBB sways & Perrin links, GoodRidge lines & ATE super blue,KBoy-TiC super short shift set & shift knob,Defi BF amber - bst,egt,oil pres., Kenwood DDX-7015 w/Alpines, WhiteLine ALK ,Stat-X grnd kit,TXS FMIC & intake,Racecomp Cambr Plts,06 diffusr,PE816's,PE Inlt hose,Walbro 255,EBCS, SZ49

Thanks, see all you guys there.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Thanks, see all you guys there.

-Chris
    Howd u do?

Pics here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123937

Came in 5th in Stock Class and 12th overall out of 58 cars. It was awesome just like the last two years.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Pics here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123937

Came in 5th in Stock Class and 12th overall out of 58 cars. It was awesome just like the last two years.

-Chris
    Wow you did really well. Good job man! To bad my driver was feeling under the weather, we woulda been there tearing up the terrain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123