NJ Front Liscense Plate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NJ Front Liscense Plate within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well I did a search and looked around the intraweb a bit and found the laws and all, but I ...

NJ Front Liscense Plate

Well I did a search and looked around the intraweb a bit and found the laws and all, but I would like some real world advice. I will be most likely going with a FMIC soon and was wondering what to do with my front plate. Being my car is from the wonderful state of NJ, what would be my best option.

1. Run without one and hope for the best.
    2. Front window
    3. Mount it to the side like the Evo guys(any kind of bracket for this?)
    4. Move it up so that the middle of the plate is mounted to where teh top is now(try to picture what Im saying)
    5. Leave it and say, "Meh, how much air could it be blocking?"

Advice?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Me personally if there is no bracket for an offcenter fitment then I would just leave it off and hope for the best. Im not sure if the rules are the same as in Cali but last I heard its still illegal to the the LP in the windshield. Plus all youd get would be a fix it ticket. Go get it signed off then take it back off the next day no biggie. I had mine off for a while (til I got my ticket) But most of the times cops wouldnt even look twice at my car.

Yea I think it is a Big No No to have it in the window. I think it is an obstruction ticket
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    I think in the great filthy state of NJ its 75 dollars everytime a no front plate. Window wont work, but you might get lucky and get a fix it ticket, or the cop will just write you a ticket.
    Id say try to keep it there as best you can. They see you doing that they might write you up for other things once your pulled over, not worth it IMO.
    Good Luck.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

get foglight covers. . bend the plate to fit on it and drill it onto the foglight cover.

Id like to keep my fog lights.

Is it illegal to poke holes in the plate?

I could just leave it there and not wonder to much how much air it is reall blocking. To quote another member, "The stock IC is about the size of the plate and my FMIC is the width of my whole bumper, Im not too worried." Sorry John, I quoted the best I could but it was funny to me.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

I Support ClubWRX
    # 5.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

F jersey laws man

i live in cali and so far i have gotten one ticket for no license plate. it was like $70 bucks. anyways, i had this jdm license plate that i had on my car before i got my fmic and ive had it off ever since. so recently my friends have been asking me if i am ever going to put it back on. so i made a bracket. i bought a piece of sheet metal at home depo for .39 cents and i cut and bent it to shape. why pay 40 bucks for a bracket off ebay. just make one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jdm.JPG   jdm2.JPG   jdm3.JPG   jdm4.JPG   jdm5.JPG  

SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Thanks. That could be an option. Seeing as I have an 04 I will have to be creative with what I do. I do want to keep my foglights so I will see how this goes.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Well there's really not many options if you're going to keep your fogs when you toss on your FMIC. You're going to be stuck putting it in the upper right / left hand corner where the FMIC i s going to still be covered a little bit by it.

Too bad you couldn't make a hinge for it so that the faster you go, the plate pushes up and in, and when you slow down it drops back to normal.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Just got a wrx in north jersey. Am I begging for a ticket in I go without a front plate??

I Support ClubWRX
    I got 2 license plate tickets in 3.5 years before I finally attached mine. It's $56, and no points for the citation.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.