Central Jersey (New Brunswick Area) Meet - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Central Jersey (New Brunswick Area) Meet within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So you guys are set for the 10th ? I should be able to make it i'll try and convince ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Talking

So you guys are set for the 10th ?

I should be able to make it
    i'll try and convince the guys at the www.sqc-ny.com meet on Sat the 9th to make the trip

theres a post about the Subaru Queens Crew meet by "bedabi"
    its been moved to the 9th

Andy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NinosAutoAcc: Where are you at on the shore? The drive should not be that bad, just Parkway to 287 and your there.

Weasel 555: Great! See if you can get some of those guys to come. If 3 or 4 of you come, then we are looking at about 10 cars right now, and that sounds pretty good!

Everybody: I will drive out the routes this weekend and post directions with mileages and such on sunday night. It is really easy as long as you can get yourself to 287, once you get off 287 it is only a couple of miles with only three turns. I checked out the park on my way home last night and it could fit 50 cars if it had to. Colonial Park is in Somerset if anyone was wondering, I don't think I mentioned that yet. So, Colonial Park, 12:00-1:00ish, on the 10th, everybody cool with that?

-joe

Also it is right off rt 18 right across from the rutgers football stadium so for those that are coming from the turnpike,it is very easy to get to.
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

Thats actually Johnson's Park and was not the one I was thinking of. The park I am thinking of is a bit nicer than this park and will be less crowded and less of a hassle to get to, as the turnpike and rt 18 can get pretty ugly. Again, I will post full directions on sunday night.

-joe

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    NinosAutoAcc: Where are you at on the shore? The drive should not be that bad, just Parkway to 287 and your there.
    -joe

I'm in Toms River.

Its not too long of a drive.I've driven farther for meets.

Oops sorry, got the parks confused!
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

hey NJwrbT-WRX i got another friend that will be there that day as well.
    01 Gsxr 750

me goin!!..but idont know if im allowed..i have an rs..eerrr...am i??..hehe..wassap nino & ma dawg pitbul..aightz peace

Originally posted by im imprezd
    me goin!!..but idont know if im allowed..i have an rs..eerrr...am i??..hehe..wassap nino & ma dawg pitbul..aightz peace
    wow........
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

what!!?!?..is that a no?

Of course you can come with an RS. The more cars the better and it looks like we are going to have quite a few cars if everyone shows up. Look for the directions tonight.

-joe

Originally posted by im imprezd
    what!!?!?..is that a no?

Dont sweat it,I have a rs also.

Well I don't even have a Subaru but I love driven my parents 95 Legacy like crazy come winter time. To be honest if the WRX had been out when I got my car it woulda been a tougher choice and now that the STI seems to be coming out sometime it will be time to think again. I just love Imprezas and Subaru in general and would love to join you guys seeing as how I'm new if thats cool?

Here are the directions.....

I am assuming that you all can get to I-287 from wherever you are. If not, from the south, take the Turnpike or the GS Parkway, Turnpike is exit 10 I believe, and GSP is exit 127. Same exits if you are coming from the north. If you get on I-287 from either the TP or the GSP, you are going to want to go North on I-287. If you get on I-287 from I-78, 22, or 202, then you are going to want to go South. Again, I assume that was a waste as most people know how to get to I-287.

Here are the directions from I-287 to the park. From either Northbound or Southbound I-287, take exit #12 - Weston Canal Rd/Manville/South Bound Brook. At the end of the exit ramp you are going to go left at the light. This is Weston Canal Rd. Follow this for 2.8 miles. At that point Weston Canal Rd will take a big sweeping turn to the right and cross over the canal, in the middle of this turn you are going to make a left (if you cross the canal, you missed the turn). This is still Weston Canal Rd. There is a run down canal house at that turn. Follow this for 1.5 miles. At that point you will make a right onto Mettlers Rd. Follow Mettlers Rd for 0.8 miles and you will see a big Colonial Park sign on the lefthand side. Enter here and it is the first parking lot on the right, Parking Lot B.

Like I said, it is pretty easy. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. There are many other ways to get to this park, but this is the easiest by far.

I am going to get there around noon. Lets all try and be there before 1pm.

-joe
    Last edited by NJwrbT-WRX; 11-04-2002 at 08:32 AM.

wow, that park is only 2 mins from my house. I'll see you guys there. ( If you guys dont mind an RS showing up )
    Frank

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast