2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I would like to thank all who attended the 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run :banana: Below is the list. ...

2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run

I would like to thank all who attended the 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run :banana:

Below is the list. Hope you had a good time! (sorry if we missed your name)

Thanks to the sponsers who donated prizes:
    Fairway Subaru
    AutoSpeed Performance
    Subie Tuning

general route:

240kat
    bekeman
    Bobert540
    Boolean
    Bort/Christine
    CattyGirl/tturbotom
    CG George and Janet
    Compuvision02
    GTDriver
    Dash_Martino
    David Bleurex
    Deeznutz/NoSocks
    GC8drifter86
    GringoGomez
    Honest Bob
    imaKi
    Jellybytes
    Jwan01
    kushdogg
    LancerPhoenix
    mi_cistemz_loudr
    midnite_wrex
    MikeWRX-NJ
    NekkedSquirrel
    Njazwrx
    Rally Al
    rcolonie
    Rip Curl
    RS22b
    Saab90089
    scrapin’
    Sean RT4
    TortonDC
    TurboRoo
    Twizhimself
    VolantGC8
    WRX-ERROR
    Last edited by tturbotom; 10-09-2005 at 05:22 PM.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tom I'm willing to help out. I'm not all that familar with that area but still willing. Let me know what you need. Hopefully I'll have my up/pipe (aka:dust collector) and pick up a FMIC by then.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

I could be persuaded to head out that way, sounds like a good time. Especially the hill climb part.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

where exactly is this and what are the details and such, sounds like fun but the links are broken for me and id like to know what exactly its all about and whatk inda roads, paved, dirt, so on...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    where exactly is this and what are the details and such, sounds like fun but the links are broken for me and id like to know what exactly its all about and whatk inda roads, paved, dirt, so on...
    Thanks for letting me know about the broken links, they are now fixed.

Hazleton is about 2 hours north of you. If you mapquest zip code 18201 that will give you a better idea of the location. I know there are a few people coming from the West Chester area.

The route is consists of about 115 miles of all paved roads. I tried to locate the best roads in the area. Basically I compliled the best roads from the last two runs and made a better run. There are some very twisty sections and some nice leasurely sections. Overall people were very pleased with the previous runs as far as the route and type of roads are concerned.

I hope everyone will find this run to be as much fun if not more then the previous runs.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

who is goin from wes chester...im interested and if i do decide to do this id liek to follow some fellow west chester people up there

who is goin from wes chester...im interested and if i do decide to do this id liek to follow some fellow west chester people up there
    If you check the Fun Run post on NASIOC you will see that there are a few people from down your way. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822006
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

I set up a little schedule for the days events. Check the first post.

I was talking with Al from Fairway Subaru today. They are very excite about the event. He will be helping me gets some cool prizes.

Keep an eye out for more updates.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

im not a memeber on nasioc, but i wanted to pm ian about information...basically i just wanted to know what kind of driving, how skilled you have to be, what trivia stuff and is this like one big race on back roads where people are drivin like maniacs or what?

im not a memeber on nasioc, but i wanted to pm ian about information...basically i just wanted to know what kind of driving, how skilled you have to be, what trivia stuff and is this like one big race on back roads where people are drivin like maniacs or what?
    First off we will be handing out directions at the day of the event. All of the roads are public roads. Some parts have some severe turns. A co-driver is highly recommended to help you navigate and write down the answers the trivia along the way. If you follow all the roads signs (mainly the yellow caution signs) then you should be fine. If it says take the turn at 5mph, THEN DO SO. And yes there are a couple turns that you should take at that speed. People that have attended our previous runs can attest that "The Wall" on the on the Weatherly Hill climb is a 1st gear, 5 mph turn.

This is by no means a race, hence the term fun run. So any skill leveled driver is welcome to drive with us. Though it seems the like the more experience drivers seem to find there way to the front of the pack. I ask that you don't pass other people on the run. If you wish to jockey your position within the group please do so at our designated stops.

The trivia is an added bonus to the run. You will be given a trivia sheet with your directions (for safety purposes, only drivers that have a co-driver will be given a trivia sheet) . You will be asked a series of questions pertaining to the run. The questions are a usually trivial and not so straight forward. They are not hard questions, but not too easy either. This makes thing a little more interesting. The trivia also helps keep peoples speeds down, since you are trying to get all the right answers The teams with the best scores will be awarded prizes. You must be present to get your prize. In the past people with the highest scores left early and forfeited their prizes.

If you have any more question fell free to ask.
    BTW: it is free to join the nasioc forum
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

alright thanks for you info and all your help

Is this a good idea if one were to have stock RE92's with like 38k on them? I should be getting new rubber soon, but probably not before this takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by kushdogg
    Is this a good idea if one were to have stock RE92's with like 38k on them? I should be getting new rubber soon, but probably not before this takes place.
    If you were extra carefull you might be okay. If you drive hard then I would say it is not a good idea. IF you don't fell confortable driving, I am sure there will be poeple looking co-drivers.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

i'm re-entering the subaru community after having various life events happen. i'm going to make it to this, with a navigator this time! the first one of these was a lot of fun, i'm sad that i missed the spring fun run. thanks for organizing this again!
    superwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by kushdogg
    I should have my new wheels by then. If you want I could bring my stock wheels with my Dunlops on them for you to use. We can swap them a the dealership before the run then swap yours back after.

Let me know.
    Shawn
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.