2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I agree. Excessive amounts of fun but in a safe way. I have never done anything like this before but ...

I agree. Excessive amounts of fun but in a safe way. I have never done anything like this before but I am looking forward to it. It will be my jump into mini-road rallys. Something I have my heart set on getting into.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sponsorship Announcement

I would like to announcement Fairway Subaru and AutoSpeed Performance as sponsors of the our 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run. As you already know Fairway Subaru is our meeting spot for the run and they will be provide complimentary snacks prior to the run. They will also be donating prizes for the trivia portion of the fun run. AutoSpeed Performance has jumped on board with us and will also provide prizes for the trivia portion of the fun run. Please check out their web site or stop in to see Al at Fairway Subaru or Mark and the guys at Auto Speed Performance and thank them for their support and generosity.

www.fairwaysubaru.com
    www.autospeedperformance.com
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

just curious as to what the prizes were for the trivia on the previous run.....

Subaru CD cases, STi pens, shirts, hats, chrome STi/WRX license plate frames with valve caps and key chain, authentic Jap. Subaru toy cars, car cleaning supplies, etc.
    Just to name a few things.

I won't let the cat out of the bag about this years prizes, but it appears that this years prizes will be better.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Gas money perhaps?

We did the follow up dry run today. Everything went smoothly. There are going to be 2 stops during the run. The first is about 40 miles into the run. This stop is good for you photo bugs and a leg stretch. Sorry there are no bathroom facilities at this stop. The second stop is at a gas station about 87 miles into the run. Though I highly doubt anyone will need to fill up at this point, they do have a bath rooms, food, and plenty of parking.

A basic overview of the run is as follows. The first few miles are transition miles to get us to the good stuff. Then followed be a series of twisty roads; some fast, some slow. Then there is the leasurely section, that is very scenic. The photo op stop is in this section of the run. The final part of the run features some of the best roads of the route.

We were able to get some video of the run today. That will be posted as soon as I have it edited. The video features a clip of "THE WALL". You may have seen us talk about it before. The video of it is cool, but must be driven on to appreciate it.

Thanks again to Deeznuts, David Bluerex, WRX-Error, and Jellybytes for attending the dry run today. They will be the lead drivers and go to guys during the run.

Until then...
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Count me in. Me and the girlfriend will come, take pics, change drivers, etc etc.

I've never been to something like this (with subaru guys). I've only done cruises with 240 crowds, and its crazy with them..last cruise i went to, the lead car ran off the road into a wooded ditch. Its almost like a touge race with them. How does it compare?
    Drew

This is by no means a race. There are some very agressive turns and some fast turns. There are lead drivers the some what dictate the pace of each pack. This is why I choose the refer to the run as a fun run, not a rally or race.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

I'm thinking of going. Another 22 year old with a stock 05 wagon. Never did anything like this before and probably wont be movin to fast. Definitly up for a wagon train

Thumbs up Wagon Train Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Bob
    I'm thinking of going. Another 22 year old with a stock 05 wagon. Never did anything like this before and probably wont be movin to fast. Definitly up for a wagon train
    No Prob, Bob. Looks like a few folks will be coming from the Lehigh Valley. Me, too!
    This is a fun run and fun is where it's at. I am sure that you'll be excited at every turn at the limit or below. You can never go too slow, but you surely can go too fast. I'd actually like to try this in inclement weather someday (not the 9th of October); maybe skip the Weatherly Hill Climb. Maybe.

Shirt Orders

We are going to be selling (non-profit) 2nd Annual Fall Foliage Fun Run shirts this year. The final design is still being worked on. I am waiting for a price quote for each shirt. Shirt will only be available in grey. Once I know the price you will be able to place an order. All shirt must be pre-payed unless other arrangents are made. The shirts will be delivered at the day of the event.

If you already know that you want a shirt you can PM with the quantity and size of shirts that you will want. Once I have a final price you can then make your payment.

Once I have the final design for the shirt, I will post it here.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Cool At the Beaver-Main Elementary School

Hoping for a few more cars on the run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9033779 (Medium).JPG  

As of now I still don't have an exact price for the shirts. I est. between $10-13 per shirt. All orders must be place before Sept 20th. Those who have already placed an order will receive a PM to make payment arrangements once I have received a confirmed price.

Here is the basic layout of the front of the shirts.
    Last edited by tturbotom; 09-11-2005 at 08:36 PM.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

that car is tucking into the wells hardcore. The layout is nice. Try making the car not so compact and slap a subaru logo behind the lettering and the dust trail

I just received the updated graphic for the shirt, thanks to Twizhimself. See my above post.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.