Attn All New Jersey
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Attn All New Jersey within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Starting today July 12th New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million ...

Attn All New Jersey

Starting today July 12th New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets.

1 million will go to pay state troopers over time. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following: I-295 north and south > > 1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south 1-80 east and west I-287 north and south I-78 east and west -195 east and west 1-280 east and west Rt. 130 north and south Garden State Parkway north and south

Warning for everyone: Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing in all their part timers on full time.

Just giving everyone a heads up here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

those bastards

running outside to check for valentine1 in car
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Right!?!?!? I cannot believe this. I am moving back to NJ from Arizona next week and I am moving into a freaking speedtrap.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

thanks for the heads up ...where u find the info/news ?

also posted it on Tri-state forums on nasioc.com
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

i saw this same thing posted 2-3 months ago... literally the same wording. i mean be safe out there as always, but i wouldnt worry more than you normally do.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

i got it as a relay from a friend. And lots of other people have confirmed it so I am guessing its pretty legit

oh yeah i know, a friend of a friend of a guy who he met once's sister's dad is a cop and he said...
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I Support ClubWRX
    I asked a friend of mine who is a state trooper about this and he said that this isn't true... I have a few friends who work in the gov's office. I'm gonna have them ask some other troopers to see if this is true...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I hear NJ was doing this back in May as well from someone that worked in a police dept. Oh well Im going to keep a look out and stay out of that left lane.

Demanding that a patrol car pull a car over every 10min is considered a quota and a quota is illegal. They exist but under the name of something to the effect of "Performance review" or something like that.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I Support ClubWRX
    Every little while this rumor flies around. I get the feeling it's the police that start the rumor. If so, it works. People freak out, and slow down. If you feel like you have to speed a little, just use your head. Common sense is the best radar detector in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Every little while this rumor flies around. I get the feeling it's the police that start the rumor.
    +1
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Every little while this rumor flies around. I get the feeling it's the police that start the rumor. If so, it works. People freak out, and slow down. If you feel like you have to speed a little, just use your head. Common sense is the best radar detector in the world.
    Agreed, I was driving around this stupid Mini Cooper for work today on 3 of those highways listed, and no1 was pulled over anywhere.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

oh well. i saw it and figured i would at least post it just in case it was in fact true. Cant hurt to look out for everyone anyway. Sorry for posting possibly false information. Just trying to help a little

Rumor or not I went from seeing maybe, MAYBE 2 statee's on my way to Piscataway to 4 or 5 a day. Sometimes two or three with one shooting the laser gun.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

well this did sound like bs..
    but on turnpike and esp 295 has double maybe triple the amout of cops...
    Between exit 6 and 5 on turnpike they have two now
    and on 295 going north around exit 30-45 they have 3 traps set up..
    pretty nasty down in south NJ..

Although in nyc and north NJ i dont see much diff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.