Huge GSP Accident

This is a discussion on Huge GSP Accident within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Driving in to work Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2:30am.. (I know I have weird hours.) Huge accident near exit 151 ...

Huge GSP Accident

Driving in to work Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2:30am.. (I know I have weird hours.)

Huge accident near exit 151 on the Garden State Parkway. From what I could tell, it was a black STi w/silver BBS rims. I'm pretty sure that it had morette taillights too. Traffic was completely backed up and there were probably 8-10 police cars on the scene. The STi was in pretty bad shape - front end completely wrecked, rear end smashed up, and turned on its side.

Hope everyone is okay...
    Last edited by JohnnyLevels; 06-26-2005 at 02:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ....hope they are ok too

i posted your thread about it over on Tri-State Forum on nasioc.com
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    ....hope they are ok too

i posted your thread about it over on Tri-State Forum on nasioc.com
    Thanks for the NASIOC posting. Looks like someone else over there saw it too.

Interesting note to this...

When I passed through the northbound toll plaza there were a couple of cars parked in the righthand lane, holding up traffic. Both of the drivers were standing outside of their cars, just hanging around - one car was a heavily modified 300ZX (TT maybe?), the other was a 5-series BMW. Not sure if they're related to the STi driver in any way, but seemed strange that the guys were just hanging out on the Parkway.

Just so you guys know, the kid did die from his injurys,

I have no other specifics yet. Im sure it will be in the papers 2morrows.

My brother is a firefighter in Bloomfield but wasnt working last night, did hear what happend though. If I get more information. I will post.

I know the victims last name but im not going to post it.

I was on the parkway heading home in that area at 2am didnt see anything, I live right off 151. I use to see that car all the time driving around bloomfield, he only knows one throttle position, looks to have got the best of him.

drive safe

Jay
    Last edited by McDade; 06-26-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Wow. That's awful. Now that I think about it, I've seen that car around here too. I live down the street from the Stop n Shop in Bloomfield and I've seen that STi once before.

Went by today and saw the flowers and candles.

I'm in the same area (Nutley) but I've never seen the car before. I know that part of the GSP very well and have gone by that spot at speed. It would be tough to wreck there so I don't know if it was driver error but that always sucks to see.

Sad.

I think I may have seen that car in the area as well.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLevels
    Wow. That's awful. Now that I think about it, I've seen that car around here too. I live down the street from the Stop n Shop in Bloomfield and I've seen that STi once before.
    not to get off topic, I was wondering were the stop n shop in bloomfield is the only one I can think of is in Clifton. What color is your car, I live in bloomfield so ive probably seen you driving around. I have a Rally Blue Pearl RS-T with gold supperlegs, its very loud ahha. Hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by McDade
    not to get off topic, I was wondering were the stop n shop in bloomfield is the only one I can think of is in Clifton. What color is your car, I live in bloomfield so ive probably seen you driving around. I have a Rally Blue Pearl RS-T with gold supperlegs, its very loud ahha. Hard to miss.
    Well, I think it's technically in Belleville. Get off the GSP at exit 148. If you're southbound, hang a left on Franklin St. and follow it as it curves around through a few stoplights. It's on the right.

And as far as my car goes...

I'm still saving for a WRX. For now I'm rockin' a minivan unfortunately - low paying job + huge college loans. I've been eyeing an '02 WRB wagon that a friend of a friend is selling. We'll see what happens over the next few months though - I may be getting a sizable pay increase.

BTW, your car isn't the one parked on the street near Bloomfield College sometimes, is it?