3rd Annual Colonial Park meet????? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 3rd Annual Colonial Park meet????? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Trainrex There is a nice park up by me that would probably make a good spot. If ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    There is a nice park up by me that would probably make a good spot. If anyone is interested in coming up north, you could try them. http://www.morrisparks.net/parks/silasmain.htm
    What's the parking situation like in this park?

I think that if do go to colonial, as long as we start getting there decently early we should be ok. That lot has a lot of space...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just let me know where and when and ill try to be there.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    What's the parking situation like in this park?

I think that if do go to colonial, as long as we start getting there decently early we should be ok. That lot has a lot of space...
    It's set up a bit different than Colonial park, but parking 100 or so cars shouldn't be a problem.

trainrex can ya make a call and get info on permits and such.

Due to my conversation with colonial park I am weary of having it there if we get a similiar turnout to last year. I dont want us to get kicked out b/c we have more than 50 people without a permit. We dont want a repeat of Tobeyfest!
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Damn, I really like having it at Colonial Park....The parking lots there are pretty big, but I guess they would give us the boot if we were too many without a permit.....What about Bucccccuclclleuch park in New Brunswick, the one on Easton Ave? Is there a BBQ area there, large parking lots?

-j
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

What about in the Watchung Reservation....its right off 78, easy to get to...massive BBQ area, not sure about parking though...plus there are some fun roads in there.....

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=warren...0.058375&hl=en

The BBQ/picnic area is right around the larger circle....the smaller circle is pretty ill when its rainy and you are in a drifty mood

-j
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiju
    trainrex can ya make a call and get info on permits and such.

Due to my conversation with colonial park I am weary of having it there if we get a similiar turnout to last year. I dont want us to get kicked out b/c we have more than 50 people without a permit. We dont want a repeat of Tobeyfest!
    I've tried 5 times to make this call, and I can't get away from these ringing phones at work. If you want to give it a shot, here's the contact info. http://www.morrisparks.net/reservation.html
    Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to help organize this. I would end up leaving everyone high and dry.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I've tried 5 times to make this call, and I can't get away from these ringing phones at work. If you want to give it a shot, here's the contact info. http://www.morrisparks.net/reservation.html
    Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to help organize this. I would end up leaving everyone high and dry.
    Take 5 minutes, stop posting here, and you'll be fine
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Take 5 minutes, stop posting here, and you'll be fine
    Posting is easy, I do that when I'm on the phone. Making an outgoing call is a friggen chore over here

how many people you think will come, becuase there are a couple parks near me that have adequate parking.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I dont care what park we have it in, I'll drive to any of them.

Lets just do it on the first park we get a permit for.

I assume 75 people?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    I dont care what park we have it in, I'll drive to any of them.

Lets just do it on the first park we get a permit for.

I assume 75 people?
    You don't care what park? There is a nice park near me. How about in north eastern PA (about 2 hours from Colonial Park). Easy access from I-80 and about an hour from the New Jersey/Pa border on I-80. They have a basketball court, baseball field, walking path, skate park, pavilion, and soccer field.
    Last edited by tturbotom; 05-31-2005 at 05:18 PM.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

I meant in the armpit of America, not PA
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

High Point State Park
    Sussex, NJ
    1480 State Route 23, Sussex, NJ 07461
    201-875-4800

Ringwood State Park
    1304 Sloatsburg Rd.
    Ringwood, NJ 07456-1799
    (973) 962-7031

Bear Mountain State Park
    New York State Parks - Close to NYC

There is another park on Route 23, I'm still looking for the information. I have had great car meets at the above 3 mentioned sites with complete cooperation with the park rangers over the years.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedBaja

Ringwood State Park
    1304 Sloatsburg Rd.
    Ringwood, NJ 07456-1799
    (973) 962-7031
    That's a good idea. I forgot about that park.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast