Question about license plates in new jersey - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Question about license plates in new jersey within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Thanks guys...

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

??front window??

wat if you left the plate on the dash in the window? probably wouldnt matter right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MexiCanSTi
    wat if you left the plate on the dash in the window? probably wouldnt matter right?
    Cops never seem to like that for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by MexiCanSTi
    It's gotta be securely attatched to the front bumper.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

Friends a nj cop and said they are gonna be doing away with the front plates due to money issues.They also did away with the registration stickers that go on the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiwagun
    Friends a nj cop and said they are gonna be doing away with the front plates due to money issues.They also did away with the registration stickers that go on the plates.
    Money issues? Heh. I couldn't see them dropping the front plate...
    Chris

Whatever.I was standing there with him and 3 other cops when he said it.So.Whatever.It was a big subject.

3 people agreeing on something doesn't make it accurate. Anyway, I got holes in my bumper now that I put the front plate on after getting 3 tickets in a week for not having it.

You're required to have one on the front of the car, and the dash is not an acceptable spot.

When you title and register a vehicle, MVC will issue you two license plates, one for the front and one for the rear of the car (or one plate for trailers, motorized bicycles, and motorcycles). Plates must be clean and visible at all times. The rear plate, even if reflectorized, must be lighted so that it shows from 50 feet at night. Using license plate holders that obscure or conceal any lettering on the license plate is a violation subject to a fine.
    Last edited by IMPREZvWRX; 05-08-2005 at 08:49 PM.
    Chris

meh

my bro in law is a cop, and he hasnt mentioned anything about NJ losing the front plates...so i doubt its gonna happen. if it does, sweet deal

other than that it just might be all talk...ya kno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.