NJ: wanna trade hoods

This is a discussion on NJ: wanna trade hoods within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; I have an 03 RS and was really starting to get bothered by not having a hoodscoop so i was ...

NJ: wanna trade hoods

I have an 03 RS and was really starting to get bothered by not having a hoodscoop so i was wondering if any WRX's out there are planning to go stealh and get a FMIC and want to pose as an RS. my car is MBP so i would prefer that color but cant always be picky. Any one have one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That'll be a tough trade to find, the RS hood is very heavy compared to the WRX hood. You would see a ton of people doing it already but they don't want the added weight. However in defense of the RS hood, the WRX hood is basically nothing more than painted tinfoil (yeah, I dented mine closing the hood by pushing down on it).

Don't underestimate the cost of painting and prepping a hood if you get one that is anything other than your color. Your going to be very very close (if not more expensive) than the price of a carbon fiber hood, you might want to explore that route. Otherwise, you might want to look into having somebody graft a wrx scoop into your hood. With a little bondo, etc, they could probably mold the scoop right in without the gaps between the scoop and the hood, pretty trick if you ask me.

jb

yea i was pretty sure no one would want to and all that mainly due to the weight of the hood compared to the wrx. But you never know and i was tired so gave me something to do for a few minutes hah.

Ill have to check out cf ones i just thought in price terms it would be alot of money which i dont have since i just bought some parts for it.

The grafting on the scoop would be ehh but the weight would still be there and some reason i wouldnt like it. Plus cant be without a hood for a few days

thanks for the words though i appreciate it

It's not a damn beanbag!