Want To Buy I just crashed my WRX last night and I need some parts plz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I just crashed my WRX last night and I need some parts plz within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; I am just going to C and P my post from NASIOC. If anyone here has these parts please LMK! ...

I just crashed my WRX last night and I need some parts plz

I am just going to C and P my post from NASIOC. If anyone here has these parts please LMK!

Thank you!

-Dave

P.S. The smileys here are much better than on Nasioc, except there's no unamused.

I just ****ed up my Wrx I need these parts

My car is a
    2005 Platinum Silver Metallic WRX

*Front Bumper
    *Rear Bumper
    *Front drivers side MY04 head light
    *Rear drivers side tail light
    *Front drivers side quarter panel
    *Rear drivers side quarter panel

This one sums up me too...

It's a sad day for my scoob :sadbanana:

I live in Northfield, zip code 08225

Picture to come in a few minutes... Still in disbelief. I counter steered the fish tail about 5 or 6 times before I lost it...

Thanks Everyone.

-Dave
    D-$

Blobeye '05

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The rear quarterpanels are part of the unibody, not separate bolt-on panels like the front ones are. You'll just have to get those fixed.

That's about $6k in damage.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Holy ****!

Are you serious
    D-$

Blobeye '05

I Support ClubWRX
    The front is called a fender, and can be unbolted. The rear is 100% welded on the car. If it can't be straightened, it will need to be cut off and a new one will need to be welded on. It is not an easy task, and normally needs to be performed by a body shop.

I have a 1,000$ Deductible.
    Do you think I should call the insurance? Do you think they will total the car?

If its 6,000 in damage thats a lot!

What are the rules for insurance for totaling a car?
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Its defiantly more than $1000 in damage. I would call the insurance company and have them estimate the damage. The insurance company will total a car if it costs more than half the cars value to fix it. If the car in good condition would be $12000, and it's going to cost more than $6000 to fix it then they may total it.

The MY04 and MY05 headlights are different.
    MY04 has a chrome interior, the MY05 has a black interior.

My Scoob!

Ive spent months re-building this engine, I just put new slotted rotors on it and pads, the tires are less than a year old. I re-badged the trunk all blacked out : (

This car is my baby....
    D-$

Blobeye '05

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    I have a 1,000$ Deductible.
    Do you think I should call the insurance? Do you think they will total the car?

If its 6,000 in damage thats a lot!

What are the rules for insurance for totaling a car?
    There are no hard set rules. Every company has there own. Most total the car at 75% - 80% of the full retail value. Odds are it won't total. If it does, take the buy back, take the check, and have your car repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    My Scoob!

Ive spent months re-building this engine, I just put new slotted rotors on it and pads, the tires are less than a year old. I re-badged the trunk all blacked out : (

This car is my baby....
    I would get an estimate and then make a decision. I don't think they'll total it but it will be an expensive fix. Worth the $1000 deductible IMO
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I would get an estimate and then make a decision. I don't think they'll total it but it will be an expensive fix. Worth the $1000 deductible IMO
    This^

i work as an auto damage adjuster for an insurance company. your car doesnt look that bad, but its definetly going to be over your 1k deductible. i look at cars and total cars every day, and i would be very suprised is your car was deemed a total. call your insurance company asap, and get the process started.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Ok guys, thank you. I will call them within the hour.
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    i work as an auto damage adjuster for an insurance company. your car doesnt look that bad, but its definetly going to be over your 1k deductible. i look at cars and total cars every day, and i would be very suprised is your car was deemed a total. call your insurance company asap, and get the process started.
    What's your definition of not that bad? The front fenders and bumpers are maybe $1500. Maybe he didn't break any of the mounting points on the bumpers and they can be reused. Those mounting holes break really easily though. Fixing the rear corner is a $1000 job easy (I know all too well, did similar damage to my old STI and had it quoted). And with all that stuff needing to be replaced, the car will need a complete respray, which should be $3000 or more. Then there's all the bits and pieces and I'm at $5500 already.

How exactly did you do that much damage to every part of your car? What did you run into?
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

not that bad is what his car is. bad would be fluids leaking from the frnt end hit causing the front inner structure to shift, suspension damage from the rear wheel hitting the curb/guard rail while spinning, and the rear window blown out because the quarter was hit so hard. THAT would probably total the car. All the OP is looking at is some plastic, sheet metal, and possibly a new quarter, but that quarter looked pretty repairable.

i guess i just have a warped sense of what is bad and what is not. for me, if i have to write $10K or more on an estimate, its bad. under that is just a fender bender
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I can see that. At least there's no subframe or engine or major systems damage.

To the OP, you should probably check your state's laws. At lot of places require you to report any accident with over $1000 property damage to the police and file an accident report. Your insurance company will probably ask for this before they'll pay you.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast