Want To Buy I just crashed my WRX last night and I need some parts plz - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I just crashed my WRX last night and I need some parts plz within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; My 1130 appointment didnt show up, so i wrote a quick estimate based on the pictures. OP, please keep in ...

My 1130 appointment didnt show up, so i wrote a quick estimate based on the pictures. OP, please keep in mind this is preliminary, and there is probably going to be additional damages found once everything is taken apart!

I am around $4200, and that is with San Diego California labor rates and part prices. depending on where you are from, the labor rates may be higher or lower. I would assume that the total estimate will be somewhere around $5000 or so after everything is taken into consideration and your car is taken apart.

good luck, please post any other questions while your car is getting fixed, i would be more than happy to help
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks guys... I appreciate all the help.

I got two estimates. One at 6,000 and one at 6,500

I have a 1k deductible I am just going to pay it and get the work done. They said they are only re-spraying the parts. I want them to re-spray the whole car. How can I get them to do this?
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    I want them to re-spray the whole car. How can I get them to do this?
    there is no need to re-spray the entire car. the only panels the insurance company is responsible for painting are the damaged panels, and they will also pay to blend the paint into adjacent panels. the only way they would repaint your entire car is if the entire car had damage.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    there is no need to re-spray the entire car. the only panels the insurance company is responsible for painting are the damaged panels, and they will also pay to blend the paint into adjacent panels. the only way they would repaint your entire car is if the entire car had damage.
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. Metallic paints are the hardest ones to match, and they're going to have to match them all over the car. If they're really good, it'll be hard to notice in anything other than direct sunlight. If they're not so good, it'll show up all the time. You can always ask them how much they'd charge to respray the entire car instead of blending it and pay the difference out of your own pocket.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I did similar damage when I spun at Watkins Glen in the rain, but with less paint scraped off and no headlight damage. I sourced a used fender (wrong color) and taillight for $200, and the body shop I usually use estimated about $1700 to fix the rear quarter and respray.

I didn't want my rates to go up, so I didn't claim it, and only got the rear fixed so that I could put the new taillight in to pass inspection. I still have a blue front fender waiting to go on once I setup a respray through my friend.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. Metallic paints are the hardest ones to match, and they're going to have to match them all over the car. I
    im gonna have to respectfully disagree also. i work out of a pretty high end body shop, and i see cars coming out of the paint booths all the time that are metallic that are perfect matches. there are even instances where they panel paint without blends and it looks fine.

Painters can make any paint match perfectly, its just a question of how much time they need and how much you (or your insurance company) is willing to pay them to do the matching. as long as the OP goes to a reputable body shop that offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY on refinish and clear coat, he will be fine for as long as he owns the car.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12