Nj Group Buy On Accessport
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nj Group Buy On Accessport within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; wuts up everyone, i'm relatively new to the forums, just got my '04 wrx a 3 months ago. since then, ...

Nj Group Buy On Accessport

wuts up everyone,
    i'm relatively new to the forums, just got my '04 wrx a 3 months ago. since then, i've gotten a few quick mods under my belt(hks carbon-ti exhaust, hks bov, injen cia, dc sports strut bar, etc), but nothing crazy yet. i'm in toms river, nj....a few minutes away from Precision Tuning. I havent been down to talk to any of the guys yet, but I was gonna head down this week and talk to someone to see if we could use them for a group delivery location to save a few bucks on a Cobb accessport for our wrx. I'm also talking with Cobb Motorsports to get together a group buy for the Accessport, but I need to get together an estimated number of guys in on the deal... I'll post again when I've got more info.
    Anyone down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    wuts up everyone,
    i'm relatively new to the forums, just got my '04 wrx a 3 months ago. since then, i've gotten a few quick mods under my belt(hks carbon-ti exhaust, hks bov, injen cia, dc sports strut bar, etc), but nothing crazy yet. i'm in toms river, nj....a few minutes away from Precision Tuning. I havent been down to talk to any of the guys yet, but I was gonna head down this week and talk to someone to see if we could use them for a group delivery location to save a few bucks on a Cobb accessport for our wrx. I'm also talking with Cobb Motorsports to get together a group buy for the Accessport, but I need to get together an estimated number of guys in on the deal... I'll post again when I've got more info.
    Anyone down?

Accessport is a very worthmile mod, but i, and as many others, will suggest ditching the BOV and the CAI, both will do you much much more harm than good (BOV run rich btwn shifts, and CAI will make you run lean *dangerous!*) just something to think about. welcome to the club, make it out to the next meet!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    Accessport is a very worthmile mod, but i, and as many others, will suggest ditching the BOV and the CAI, both will do you much much more harm than good (BOV run rich btwn shifts, and CAI will make you run lean *dangerous!*) just something to think about. welcome to the club, make it out to the next meet!
    Wow, news to me... thanks... I bought the car with a few exterior mods, but nothin to sport any added power. The kid was an sti wanna-be. so my car has the sti wing, fog light covers, and 17" adr wheels. none of these mods, in my opinion, really accent the wrx well simply b/c i have a wrx, not a sti... ya know.. i'm tryin not to front the ponies i don't exactly have yet. I had come across a few deals on quick bolt-ons, so i picked em up. I got the CAI and the Strut bar for $150, the bov for $100, the exhaust for $500, etc.
    But I'm curious, i know a lot of the wrx enthusiasts on here are sportin the cia and the bov. is there a reason why it will run rich or lean? will further modding make these 2 bolt-ons a beneficial add-on to my new subie?
    thanks for any response

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, news to me... thanks... I bought the car with a few exterior mods, but nothin to sport any added power. The kid was an sti wanna-be. so my car has the sti wing, fog light covers, and 17" adr wheels. none of these mods, in my opinion, really accent the wrx well simply b/c i have a wrx, not a sti... ya know.. i'm tryin not to front the ponies i don't exactly have yet. I had come across a few deals on quick bolt-ons, so i picked em up. I got the CAI and the Strut bar for $150, the bov for $100, the exhaust for $500, etc.
    But I'm curious, i know a lot of the wrx enthusiasts on here are sportin the cia and the bov. is there a reason why it will run rich or lean? will further modding make these 2 bolt-ons a beneficial add-on to my new subie?
    thanks for any response
    This is a debated topic, but check this thread out-

Is intake worth it??
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff
    This is a debated topic, but check this thread out-

Is intake worth it??
    Damn, now that I'm readin up on this, I think that CAI and BOV are coming out ASAP!!!!

what color wrx did you get, i have an 04 silver wrx and live in manchester.
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

group buy accessport would be pretty cool as I am looking to get one finally.
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Quote Originally Posted by stcktnkid
    what color wrx did you get, i have an 04 silver wrx and live in manchester.
    its a 2004 aspen white wrx... i'm in toms river

I Support ClubWRX
    I might be interested in the group buy, but depends on a couple of money factors
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

thanks for any response
    mainly the only ones who are sporting a CAI and a BOV are ones who have the power to back it---that is people with big turbos and front mount intercoolers (fmic) who are running high boost levels where the stock bov fails,(stock bov usually good for 18psi) and the stock intake not compatible with fmic. but by then, they have proper engine management and are tuned anyways, so the bov and intake dont have negative effects on their engine.

basically, on an otherwise stock wrx, bov and intake are not worthwhile mods.

the reason you will run rich btwn shifts with the bov is because it vents 100% of the air to the atmosphere, but the ECU still thinks its getting that air back (the stock bypass valve recirculates the air back into the intake) so it adds fuel for that air (that it will not get back) thus, you run rich (more fuel than air) and will notice your engine is a bit jerky btwn shifts.

search around here, you will find tons of info.

hope that helps

tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    mainly the only ones who are sporting a CAI and a BOV are ones who have the power to back it---that is people with big turbos and front mount intercoolers (fmic) who are running high boost levels where the stock bov fails,(stock bov usually good for 18psi) and the stock intake not compatible with fmic. but by then, they have proper engine management and are tuned anyways, so the bov and intake dont have negative effects on their engine.

basically, on an otherwise stock wrx, bov and intake are not worthwhile mods.

the reason you will run rich btwn shifts with the bov is because it vents 100% of the air to the atmosphere, but the ECU still thinks its getting that air back (the stock bypass valve recirculates the air back into the intake) so it adds fuel for that air (that it will not get back) thus, you run rich (more fuel than air) and will notice your engine is a bit jerky btwn shifts.

search around here, you will find tons of info.

hope that helps

tyler
    thanks for clearing all that up for me redline. I appreciate it

any news on the group buy for an accessport. I just got a bunch of money and am going to either join in with this or just buy it outright
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

this thread was started to get a count on how many people would be interested in organizing a group buy. somehow we started talkin about my cai and bov. sorry dude. didn't even notice. Back to the subject guys.... that makes a possible 3 of us. anyone else?

just bought ap from cobb. so don't include me in your final count as it has already been ordered.
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Isnt it the accesport that says do not use maps with CAI???
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.