Nj Group Buy On Accessport - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Nj Group Buy On Accessport within the Tri-State Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Tri-State category; Originally Posted by subie04 just bought ap from cobb. so don't include me in your final count as it has ...

Quote Originally Posted by subie04
    just bought ap from cobb. so don't include me in your final count as it has already been ordered.
    no problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    Isnt it the accesport that says do not use maps with CAI???
    yes. maps designed to work with stock intake.

I've discussed this with Cobb people and they claim that any kind of new intake (unless you're a pro and hand tune your Wrx on a dyno) will only cause problems. Almost all aftermarket intakes cause turbulence by the oxgen sensor causing it to give faulty readings. This works great on an untuned car by making it run leaner, hence you get more power. If you're running a stage1 or 2 map, the A/F ratio is already tuned properly. Adding a new intake will cause it to run even learner...bringing the already tuned A/F to a dangerous level.

Well that was my $.02
    - Gone

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck on a GB with AP. Been tried a few times in the past, but nobody could get Cobb to move on the price, since it is already a fairly good bargain and it appears they don't have an issue with selling them. Been 3 years now though, so maybe the market is starting to saturate?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

last question about the cai and bov, i promise. Since the cai will cause lean conditions and a bov will cause rich conditions.. between shifts won't these two negate each other, or at least minimize the effects of either the bov or cia? Just curious

btw.. since some of you guys have recently bought your cai's, how about you guys sell me your stock intake. My car also came with a cai when i purchased it.
    Last edited by vietxaznxqt; 12-11-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vietxaznxqt
    last question about the cai and bov, i promise. Since the cai will cause lean conditions and a bov will cause rich conditions.. between shifts won't these two negate each other, or at least minimize the effects of either the bov or cia? Just curious

btw.. since some of you guys have recently bought your cai's, how about you guys sell me your stock intake. My car also came with a cai when i purchased it.
    i learned this in math... negation ='s not running from lean to rich is definately not good for your cars performance short term or long term. i swapped out my aftermarket cai and bov and through back in my stock air box and bov. my car is running much smoother since. i would definately recommend the transition for others as well. you lose the little bit of show under the hood that the chrome or polished finish offers, but all show and no go is no fun!!!!
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12